help @ the top

Status
Not open for further replies.

clive

Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
help!

i.ve sort of reached the top in many things

1. having "been there n done that" in the world of SLRs with canon 1 series pro bodies and L lenses, i find no more kick in slr photography. its coz 99% of the time wehn i see a scene with my eyes, i know how a pic is goign to turn out on film. thats why even digital SLR photography, with the chimping advantage, will not give me any kick anymore. the only thing that gives me kicks is shooting events with canon 1 series pro bodies and L lenses but not every event i get to shoot lor. and even with zek's G2, it basically goes back to the old days of PnS shootign + the chimping advantage and filmfree hassle..ie just soem good candids, thats all. i have no interest in nature and macro and MF and advanced photo theory and film developing and studio stuff and all those other niche areas... so photography to me is either : (1) shooting events with canon 1 series pro bodies and L lenses or (2) fun with digicams. so i guess i have reached the peak and theres no more to do as far as photography is concerned...haiz sianz

2. i am now living out my wildest childhood dreams of swim/bike/run and being a physically fit individual who is aerobically fitter than 90% of any randomly selected peers (circa 1979). so i am at the top already. last tiem they all outrun me but now i beat them 3 to 1. and at most the next big thing is going UW and taking my digicam to shoot marine life...but coz i have no interest in nature stuff, at most i will just shoot UW for fun and never bother to id all the fishes/ etc.

3. my diet is already optimally healthy: lots of carbos, 33% protein, lots of fruits n veges and some supplements (glucosamine+isotonics+vitamins+ healthy beverages), and occasional snacks.

4. my original quest for j pop is also more or less over. now, any new group comes along (eg ai otsuka), i just download their songs and thats it. not that the last time jpop songs no longer sound good, i mean jpop will always be the best thigns that life has to offer, it has become such a good staple that now the "new jpop stuff " kick is getting less n less. now i am a veteran jpop dude.

5. my reversi score at yahoo games is at a healthy average of 1900+. soemtimes cross to 2000+, sometimes meet a proggy cheater or bad connection and drop back to 1800+ . ie iam already a very strong human player, so the kick is also getting lesser. and i also dont waste tiem n money to play all those stupid games like CS, quake, soccer, FFX, and whatever rubbishy computer games there are right now.

6. i have solved all the colour combination problems in my wardrobe already. ie now i will never have problems choosing clothes/shoes/bags/accessories already. now i can be an official "colour consultant" for anyone still stuck wif colour combination woes .

7. i have solved all my money problems already. no more debts. now all i have to do is just wait for time to pass..then my money will grow. of course my spendign will continue..but it will always be in control from now onwards.

remember the korean pop song by kpop group <shin hwa>? they have this song called "perfect man". i feel that i am just like that.

can anyone help me suggest anything so that i can experience a "kick" from doign something again? pls dont tell me to drink beer/shoot nature or wildlife/ rear pets/ fly kite/or any non constructive comments...

coz i believe even at the top, there should still be some way to experience soem "kick" form somewhere else..but where?? :think:

why not set a higher goal rather than just being debt-free?
...thats like being content with crawling...
so gather your money and go bag-packing!
have fun!

shoot SLR from the hip using manual focus keep your eyes off any distance scale use feel and knowledge and familiarity of your own lenses to gauge the distance and then shoot.

(actually seriously, if you really use one lens and manual focus long enough with it, you can easily turn it to the distance that will MF)

Try getting married & being the perfect husband... that should keep you busy for a lifetime... :)

clive said:
help!

1. having "been there n done that" in the world of SLRs with canon 1 series pro bodies and L lenses, i find no more kick in slr photography. its coz 99% of the time wehn i see a scene with my eyes, i know how a pic is goign to turn out on film. thats why even digital SLR photography, with the chimping advantage, will not give me any kick anymore. the only thing that gives me kicks is shooting events with canon 1 series pro bodies and L lenses but not every event i get to shoot lor. and even with zek's G2, it basically goes back to the old days of PnS shootign + the chimping advantage and filmfree hassle..ie just soem good candids, thats all. i have no interest in nature and macro and MF and advanced photo theory and film developing and studio stuff and all those other niche areas... so photography to me is either : (1) shooting events with canon 1 series pro bodies and L lenses or (2) fun with digicams. so i guess i have reached the peak and theres no more to do as far as photography is concerned...haiz sianz

I definitely agree with you that you have reached your own peak built on the foundation of ignorance and arrogance. Your ego is second bar none :thumbsup:

perhaps in time to come... you will learn the true peak is one built upon humbleness.

sebastiansong said:
I definitely agree with you that you have reached your own peak built on the foundation of ignorance and arrogance. Your ego is second bar none :thumbsup:

perhaps in time to come... you will learn the true peak is one built upon humbleness.

...and I am humbled in the presence of such profound wisdom and truth contained in these words... :p

Allow me to first state that i dun mean to be rude or offensive:

Foolish is a man who think he has arrived,
for his pride shall blind his eyes.
For life is not a checklist,
to tick off achievements till you die.
What you seek is an all time high,
soon it all passes like a sigh.
So what if you have done it all,
so what if you've been there
Do you not realise that no one really cares?
Of course you are perfect of course you are great,
Of course you can see the image in your brain
Of course you are fast of course you are fit,
Of course you beat your friends without sweating a bead
But I have missed your existence and all your feats
Perhaps you set your heights beneath my feet
But then again I must be wrong
Cause I cannot deny you are really strong
I am really glad you've done all that
But life is really more than stats
What you seek will not last for long
For all you bearings have gone wrong
I have seen and known great men who have come along
And they too are very strong
But one thing that they all had
something you really lack
It is call humility.

I do not have all your achievements, does that make me a lesser man? You've done all that, does that make you a perfect man? You look for highs and kicks, but know that one of life greatest conquest is routine. It is not that there is nothing out there for you, it is precisely because you think that you have arrived, thus nothing seems to interest you. You stop trying, you stop struggling, you stop seeking, and in essence, you stop living.

Life is not about how much you can accomplish, but about the difference in others' life that you make. If my existence makes no difference to anyone, then my existence is meaningless.

I am not going to offer you any suggestions about what to do, cause most likely you will have no interest/ been there done that.

If this offends you, I apologise.

clive said:
remember the korean pop song by kpop group <shin hwa>? they have this song called "perfect man". i feel that i am just like that.

So the point that you are trying to make is this?

Showing off, I see .... :ipuke:

According to your list....

1. How about PS? Given a photo there are various ways to creat a good PSed pic.

2. Physically challenge yourself... ironman contest (also swim, bike and run).

3. No point changing this if you find this optimal.

4. I take it generally as music, other than listening, have you tinkered with music "creations"?.

5. I take it as "strategic" board games, have you considered chess, wei-qi?. BTW for reversi, my personal objective for each game is to "wipe-out" the opponents..ie, no opponent colour left before filling up the board. You may like to count the number of times you achieve that and set a record for yourself.

6. Standard colours or "creative" colour combinations? Colour consultant. How about fashion consultant .

7. Good time to start building a nest for future family/retirement.

Lastly, you may like to redefine your being at the top.... been there and done that isn't the same as being at the top. Been there and done that is pretty much self-defined benchmark.... to a certain extent, to be at the top, you must be "defined" or benchmarked by others.

On the whole, good for you, just maintain your various activities and be contented.

clive said:

WAAAHHHHH ...... !!!!! .....

clive said:
coz i believe even at the top, there should still be some way to experience soem "kick" form somewhere else..but where??

once u r at the top ..... the next step u take will be going downhill ..... :)

:D

u need god...

Congratulations. Perhaps after reaching this pinnacle of individualism, you can now look after and help those segments of society who can never be rich enough to even buy a lenscap for a L lens, who is handicapped and can never bike/run/swim, whose diet everyday is nothing but air, who would never set eyes on a computer much less a yahoo reversi game, who would count themselves lucky to have the clothes on their back, and those who are planning to kill themselves because of money woes.

clive said:
help!

2. i am now living out my wildest childhood dreams of swim/bike/run and being a physically fit individual who is aerobically fitter than 90% of any randomly selected peers (circa 1979). so i am at the top already. last tiem they all outrun me but now i beat them 3 to 1. and at most the next big thing is going UW and taking my digicam to shoot marine life...but coz i have no interest in nature stuff, at most i will just shoot UW for fun and never bother to id all the fishes/ etc.

3. my diet is already optimally healthy: lots of carbos, 33% protein, lots of fruits n veges and some supplements (glucosamine+isotonics+vitamins+ healthy beverages), and occasional snacks.

4. my original quest for j pop is also more or less over. now, any new group comes along (eg ai otsuka), i just download their songs and thats it. not that the last time jpop songs no longer sound good, i mean jpop will always be the best thigns that life has to offer, it has become such a good staple that now the "new jpop stuff " kick is getting less n less. now i am a veteran jpop dude.

5. my reversi score at yahoo games is at a healthy average of 1900+. soemtimes cross to 2000+, sometimes meet a proggy cheater or bad connection and drop back to 1800+ . ie iam already a very strong human player, so the kick is also getting lesser. and i also dont waste tiem n money to play all those stupid games like CS, quake, soccer, FFX, and whatever rubbishy computer games there are right now.

6. i have solved all the colour combination problems in my wardrobe already. ie now i will never have problems choosing clothes/shoes/bags/accessories already. now i can be an official "colour consultant" for anyone still stuck wif colour combination woes .

7. i have solved all my money problems already. no more debts. now all i have to do is just wait for time to pass..then my money will grow. of course my spendign will continue..but it will always be in control from now onwards.

can anyone help me suggest anything so that i can experience a "kick" from doign something again? pls dont tell me to drink beer/shoot nature or wildlife/ rear pets/ fly kite/or any non constructive comments...

coz i believe even at the top, there should still be some way to experience soem "kick" form somewhere else..but where?? :think:

No kick in photography liao? Are you sure you really master all those photography technics when you use the Canon Pro 1 series SLR? Master of technics where you rely on the camera's AF, metering and etc?
Try use a fully manual camera instead, maybe it can help you realise that you have still so much things to be learn.
My advice to you is, to be humble. Ego only makes one man suffer.

give him a break lah. everyone in life feels helpless once in a while, whether u'r at the top or bottom. even millionaires can get into depression. top celebs/pros etc too.

clive said:

:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Speechless... u need some help.

HELP OTHERS LESS FORTUNATE......

Don't Think So Much About Yourself.....then you'll realise that there's so much thing to do or you can't do

Grow up........and step out of your circle. Don't just stay in the well. The sky is much bigger than you think.

Please do NOT have a mindset....there are things you can do but people can't do, likewise there are things people can do and achieve but you can't do.....for now.

Go try it, expose yourself more to the real society ....not just your social circle.

Share your experience with others. How you achieve your target....Why you set that as you goal, When did you set your goal. How you can help others to achieve their target.

Be enthusiatic and spontaneous in you life.....then you won't feel that there's actually not much you can improve.

Are you Top in the Iron Man Race? If you are not ....maybe you should raise the bar higher rather than saying you've reach the target you've set for yourself. Compete with others when you can no longer compete with yourself.

Why not set yourself a target to earn $30K every month in 2 years time.....instead of being debt free....

Free Your Mind.....you'll grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.