Help...t.t

Hi TS,

If you keen, can PM me. Since both of us are noobs to photography may be can learn from each other more. Will be easier as both of us are using the same kit. Not too sure the others using what.

Others, what do you think?

uh, yah, I'm 26.

well i am ok with it but i cannot on weekdays as i got school

5411304068_49cc299845_b.jpg

took this yesterday.
wat do u think? not seeking for critique yet

What kind of question is that?

What do you think in terms of what? If you are asking for free opinion then isn't that critique, or, at the very least, blind criticism?

:dunno:

I mean... if this thread is asking about the exposure triangle then wrt your photo, I would say it's correctly exposed.........???

took this yesterday.

Looks like a well-exposed photograph.
Perhaps you'd like to share with everyone the settings you chose, but more importantly why you chose those particular settings.

i don tink i can see le cause i watermark it unless some other software that can see after it has been watermark but anyway i used p mode and stayed with an iso of 400
i used P mode becuz my initial plan was to take and use the exif info and learn slowly from it but i doubt now can le..

i don tink i can see le cause i watermark it unless some other software that can see after it has been watermark but anyway i used p mode and stayed with an iso of 400
i used P mode becuz my initial plan was to take and use the exif info and learn slowly from it but i doubt now can le..

You don't have the original file?

nope i accidently delete le

5412061941_c5a0428d24.jpg

Aperture 5.0
Shutter Speed 1/250

anyway i took a few photo but the colour is dilute wat to do??

I hope you can try to type in proper sentences... a bit difficult to understand what you're typing sometimes.

Anyway your last photo looks reasonably well-exposed. Unless you're still relying on the camera's auto mode, it seems like you are grasping it.
Keep it up.
For the last (firecracker) shot, you chose:
f/5
1/250
ISO = ?
and the reasons for doing so?

'dilute' means you find the colours not vibrant or strong enough? If you are shooting JPGs, then you gotta adjust the values (saturation, contrast, etc) in your camera before you shoot. I think Canon calls it 'Picture Styles' or something.

Iso was at 3200 and sorry.
I used p mode foe most of my photo but then I wanted to use my exif info and understand aperture and shutter speed

Graton said:
Iso was at 3200 and sorry.
I used p mode foe most of my photo but then I wanted to use my exif info and understand aperture and shutter speed

No harm to use P mode and try to learn from the camera's chosen settings. But you must know that the camera is also not a genius. It may chose the wrong settings.

Well anyway I very excited to take photo and want to buy new lens but don know wat to buy.... Getting ultra wide angle lens but Shud get 2nd hand tamron or 1st hand canon?

Well anyway I very excited to take photo and want to buy new lens but don know wat to buy.... Getting ultra wide angle lens but Shud get 2nd hand tamron or 1st hand canon?

Why wouldn't you buy a 1st hand third party lens or a 2nd hand Canon lens? :bsmilie:

For the Canon system, I think the Canon 10-22 receives very good reviews, but for third party UWAs, Tamron is usually not considered as they don't make good UWAs compared to the other third party makers. The popular third party UWAs are

Tokina 11-16 f2.8
Tokina 12-24 f4
Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6

Check out the review sites to decide what you want to get. You should take note of flare resistance because it's quite hard to avoid getting a huge light source in your photo, and distortion characteristics (if you want to shoot landscapes with straight lines and architecture, and level of distortion is not as crucial as the difficulty to remove them). I think these 3 have very good sharpness.

Why wouldn't you buy a 1st hand third party lens or a 2nd hand Canon lens? :bsmilie:

For the Canon system, I think the Canon 10-22 receives very good reviews, but for third party UWAs, Tamron is usually not considered as they don't make good UWAs compared to the other third party makers. The popular third party UWAs are

Tokina 11-16 f2.8
Tokina 12-24 f4
Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6

Check out the review sites to decide what you want to get. You should take note of flare resistance because it's quite hard to avoid getting a huge light source in your photo, and distortion characteristics (if you want to shoot landscapes with straight lines and architecture, and level of distortion is not as crucial as the difficulty to remove them). I think these 3 have very good sharpness.

TS another point to take note before buying lenses.. is to know what kind of photography you want to focus on. it'll help with getting your lenses first.

just keep practicing first. glad to see you're learning something :D

keep it up!

I very Interested in scenery so kinda wanna wanna buy a wide angle and a food zoom with good bokeh

I very Interested in scenery so kinda wanna wanna buy a wide angle and a food zoom with good bokeh

You should just use the kit lens, play with it before you get the next lens. If you want a 2nd lens get the cheap 50mm f/1.8 and also a good tripod. That's all you need at the moment. Too many toys only confuse you more.

You should just use the kit lens, play with it before you get the next lens. If you want a 2nd lens get the cheap 50mm f/1.8 and also a good tripod. That's all you need at the moment. Too many toys only confuse you more.

Good sound advise :)

:thumbsup:

Kit lens should do fine for landscapes for the moment, decide whether you really need an ultra wide before getting one. A good tripod is very important for landscapes. For long exposures, can get a ND filter. The 50/1.8 can be used for food photography.

]The 50/1.8 can be used for food photography.

Correct me if I'm wrong... I think TS meant to say a "good zoom" rather than a "food zoom".

What on earth... first got "portrait lens", then "landscape lens"... now... "food lens"? :bsmilie:

Honestly, forget about buying new lenses.

Why?

Because you took a well exposed photo in P mode. Big deal. Honestly, you should think about supplementing your equipment only after you've grasped the basics of exposure. If you're not confident shooting in A, S or M modes then I doubt you'll be very satisfied with your photos after a while.

Understanding the exposure triangle does not always mean getting a pleasing exposure. It also involves understanding what to choose and the consequences. Eg. changing f number to adjust depth of field. You used ISO 3200 for a shot that honestly does not need a high ISO for any reason, which, in my opinion, shows that you are still fumbling around with the exposure triangle.

So, even if you get new lenses and flashes and filters and whatnot, you will still be struggling after a while.

TS -
Please do yourself a favor. Go library borrow a book called "understanding exposure" by Bryan Peterson. Its a bit repeatitive at times. The pictures are not really outstanding. But its free of charge. Very well organised. And it teaches you what you want to know for the moment now.

Just my 2c worth.
Happy learning :D