Help!!! Spots on the pics during night shooting

baynald12

Deregistered
Apr 30, 2010
Just started shooting with DSLR a month ago, went to Helix Bridge last night and how come certain area of the bridge there some spots coming out form the pics, is it due to light reflections? how to avoid those things to happen again next time? was my settings were wrong?
Thank you guys

hmm it will be easier to point out the issue by posting the image (with exif intact) here.

could be relfection, could be flare

probably flare i guess. take off your filters may help... i even took off my uv filter when doing night shots.

you have been visited by ghosts.

just kidding, could be flare or filter reflections. get rid of the filters, use your lens hood. still cannot, means is boh pianz, don't shoot so directly into bright light source.

Just started shooting with DSLR a month ago, went to Helix Bridge last night and how come certain area of the bridge there some spots coming out form the pics, is it due to light reflections? how to avoid those things to happen again next time? was my settings were wrong?
Thank you guys
if it's very tiny spots, then MAYBE it's hot pixels during long exposure.
But I think more than likely it's flare on the filter...

of course since you posted with NO IMAGE, we're all guessing here, since we don't have 6th sense.... :bsmilie:

how to post pics here?

how to post pics here?
if you had bothered to look at the sticky threads on the top of the Newbies Corner, you would undoubtedly have noticed a thread named "forum-related FAQs and...."
and the first post of that thread, by Darren (Clubsnap Admin) has a link to "guide for posting images to Clubsnap"...

haha, yes same problem:bigeyes:

thanks!!!!

bro...mine also leh...yesterday went for nitex shoot and encounter same problem......I did took out my filter still same prob....while my frienx pix was perfect.....what to do ahh......????

Last edited:
bro...mine also leh...yesterday went for nitex shoot and encounter same problem......I did took out my filter still same prob....while my frienx pix was perfect.....what to do ahh......????

Post a pic and let us see. We are not psychic...

hmm.. Look like lens flare... UV filter on during the shoot?

yep yep....wipe it out same effect....took out the filter...much better but there was a bit...

Once the filter is removed, whatever is left is inherent in the lens design. Best to try changing apertures to test.

didnt noe got such things... informative!

hmm.. Look like lens flare... UV filter on during the shoot?

Looks like lens flare caused by light source outside the image. Maybe try using a lens hood if stopping down the aperture by 1-2 stops doesn't help?

Last edited: