help!! sony a6000 / olympus omd-em10 / olympus epl6 ?

bibubibu89

Mar 31, 2014
Singapore
Hi there, im struggling to consider which one to buy!!
1st. i need an camera to record every single moment whem my baby born real soon!
2nd.good for traveling and wifey loves do selfie(selfie parts is important).
In short, i like landscape and macros, she like selfie haha!

I love the em10 looks and feels and the evf, but not good in video recording(readed some reviews) and cant do selfie!

I rike the sony a6000 180degree flipping screen which is important for wifey, but i dont like the the sony camera body build n look, the left side evf, less lens choices.

Olympus epl6 have alots weird stuffs thats quite fun like, 3d, paranornal and a flippin lcd!
But no evf no build in flash! (This the price differents caused?)

I did research for review for almost 3weeks and go to funan for price checked, this 3 is more or less same prices, (epl6 is cheaper but when comes to find an optional evf the price eill be almost same to the others 2).

Help! Budget is below $1000 (dont mind a second hand)
Any other camera suggestion beside of this 3? (Ps. I hate samsung products)

Any suggestion, million appreciation!

Last edited:
If u wish for a fast answer ;

EM10 if your need the EVF.

EPL6 if u don't need the in built EVF. Both are more than capable of capturing every single smile or chuckle your kid will have.

Note the EM10 is a more powerful camera than the EPL6, levels of in body stabilization is already different to start with.

Above the kit lens, get a 45/1.8 and u r essentially done at a budget. If u wana splurge one day, there are also many pro levels for u to spend on like the Nocticron 42.5/1.2.

I've used both plus the EM1 to shoot my baby. :)

With either body , u can invest in a wide angle lens or a macro lens later if u need (Olympus 9-18 / Pana 7-14/4, Olympus 60/2.8 macro etc) & there are more than sufficient superb value for money lenses in MFT.

And yes , I've been documenting my baby's growth since day 01 until now where she's 3 months old. :)

Or wait a while for the E-PL7 to hit the market this camera has very good selfie functions ; 180 degrees flip too.

Last edited:
1st. i need an camera to record every single moment whem my baby born real soon!

I love the em10 looks and feels and the evf, but not good in video recording(readed some reviews) and cant do selfie!

I rike the sony a6000 180degree flipping screen which is important for wifey, but i dont like the the sony camera body build n look, the left side evf, less lens choices.

Olympus epl6 have alots weird stuffs thats quite fun like, 3d, paranornal and a flippin lcd!

I did research for review for almost 3weeks and go to funan for price checked, this 3 is more or less same prices, (epl6 is cheaper but when comes to find an optional evf the price eill be almost same to the others 2).

A6000 don't have 180 flip screen. The newer and cheaper a5100 has.

I would suggest the a5100. Why? It has a 180 flip screen and it's kit lens is wider than m43's kit lens which is advantageous for selfie as well as landscapes. Since u mentioned u are on a budget, the relative lack of lens choices of the Sony system shouldn't be considered as they have more lenses than u have money to buy. And the a5100 has a better all rounder performance than any of those m43 and doesn't have the ergonomics of A6000 that u don't prefer.

My choice would be the EPL6 or if you waited a while longer, you might be able to get the EPL7. Yeah, they don't have EVF, but like what you have mentioned, you can use optional EVF, and you can get 2nd hand EVF at an okay price nowadays.

My choice would be the EPL6 or if you waited a while longer, you might be able to get the EPL7. Yeah, they don't have EVF, but like what you have mentioned, you can use optional EVF, and you can get 2nd hand EVF at an okay price nowadays.

When will epl7 launch ya? Cant found any news on net

I mean the date my friend, i can wait until october only, my princess born at november

Should be out by then ;)
And anyway if u get impatient, the other models can be bought any day any time too.

Should be out by then ;)
And anyway if u get impatient, the other models can be bought any day any time too.
+

did some research about EPL7,decided! this is the camera im looking for!!!!
anyone know where can pre-order in singapore instead of getting it online?

+

You can try calling Cathay Photo, TK foto, etc. And ask if they know the actual release date of the EPL7 or could you place any pre-order for this cam so when it came in they can reserve a set for you.

I personally liked the Cathay Photo alot (although not the cheapest in town, but sometime they do have crazy promotion) and they accept pre-order for a variety of items.

You can try calling Cathay Photo, TK foto, etc. And ask if they know the actual release date of the EPL7 or could you place any pre-order for this cam so when it came in they can reserve a set for you.

I personally liked the Cathay Photo alot (although not the cheapest in town, but sometime they do have crazy promotion) and they accept pre-order for a variety of items.

Noted with thanks! Will call them!

+ did some research about EPL7,decided! this is the camera im looking for!!!! anyone know where can pre-order in singapore instead of getting it online?

:) glad u made your decision.

Very soon, don't need to kan-Cheong ;)

+

Pre-orders from Olympus out at : https://www.shopatolympus.com.sg/pre-order.html :bsmilie:

pre-orders gifts are worth more than $200 - a $150 Olympus accessories voucher and a leather half case worth $79 plsu customisation services.

or if u can wait, street prices will definitely be better but no freebies.

Last edited:
Pre-orders from Olympus out at : https://www.shopatolympus.com.sg/pre-order.html :bsmilie:

pre-orders gifts are worth more than $200 - a $150 Olympus accessories voucher and a leather half case worth $79 plsu customisation services.

or if u can wait, street prices will definitely be better but no freebies.

Thankd!! Pre-ordered!! But they never revealed when was the launch date