Help: Something stuck in the lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxfire

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
I got a piece of bogey stucked on the inside len of my G2. I don't know how it got there, but is there anyway to get it out? It does not look like fungus to me. Must we pay for these type of things to be removed? I tried all sort of things, shake shake a bit, mental concentration, everything. It just sit right in the middle of the lens.

Originally posted by foxfire
I got a piece of bogey stucked on the inside len of my G2. I don't know how it got there, but is there anyway to get it out? It does not look like fungus to me. Must we pay for these type of things to be removed? I tried all sort of things, shake shake a bit, mental concentration, everything. It just sit right in the middle of the lens.

Stuff do get behind the lens, since the lens unit is not environmentally sealed. The mechanical motion of the lens extending and contracting during zooming draws and pushes air respectively and sometimes dust gets into the camera.

Don't be unduely worried though. Usually these bogey won't affect your photos at all. There are either too small or too close to the lens for it to appear in the photos.

However, if you are still paranoid and anxious about it (like I once was with my spanking new camera), you can always send in to Canon for servicing. They will charge you for it as cleaning is usually not covered under warranty. Be forewarned that sometimes opening up the camera will sometimes introduce more problems. Putting a UV filter over your lens will help to keep some dust out.

Status
Not open for further replies.