Help, something spotted on my viewfinder

yeexin19

Jun 8, 2010
I am new to here, dont know if this is a correct place to post or not.
Anyway, i am using a Nikon D90. when i look through the viewfinder i spot somethings in it.
At first i thought my lens was dirty, so i clean it. But after cleaning it, i look through the view finder, it is still there.

I don think its a crack as i took extreme care of it, never drop once. And i tried taking a few pictures and view it via my desktop, the "something" did not appear on the picture.

It look roughly like this when i see through the viewfinder:

Is there any way to solve this? or should i replace a new veiwfinder? if so, how much would it cost?

i think it urs viewfinder have dirt on it ... it can be clean away ... if worry and dont wan do it yourself ... the service centre always can solve ur problem but with a price of course :bsmilie:

try unmount your lens....use a blower to blow upwards..where the focus screen is...:)

I don think its a crack as i took extreme care of it, never drop once. And i tried taking a few pictures and view it via my desktop, the "something" did not appear on the picture.

If it's not in image it's on the viewfinder. You can carefully try to blow it away (use a blower, not your lakhsa / nasi lemak / dim sum breath!) or just learn to ignore it. I have a few of them in my viewfinder, every day a new position. Sometimes gone. So what?

try unmount your lens....use a blower to blow upwards..where the focus screen is...:)

OH YES! dude it really help ! thanks..
and o0darkn3ss0o thanks for replying the thread.. :D

finally my worry is gone ..haha