Help... Someone crop my pictures!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alankpy

Aug 20, 2005
Eastern Singapore
Hi pples of ClubSNAP...

:dunno: I have been encountered this problem whenever I bring my pictures to those film lab for development to 4R size photographs. My pictures are crop either horizontally or vertically, thus losing some meanings to the pictures. (Thanks to some headless pictures I got in return.) :angry:

I was adviced by some to get it done on Super 4R size... while others said that it can edit in advance in the photoshop program. Till now me still unable to figure out how to get it done.
:confused:

Do anyone here face such similar problem?
Can I have some advices from anyone here?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers!!! ;)

i will ask them to add 2 border on the left and right side so that the actual print out will not be crop if i were you.

But usually i crop them in photoshop before sending for prints.

zaxh81 said:
i will ask them to add 2 border on the left and right side so that the actual print out will not be crop if i were you.

But usually i crop them in photoshop before sending for prints.

Ermm... by asking for the additional 2 borders on the left n right side, its more for the portrait rite? :sweat:

just crop your picture to a 3:2 ration or 2:3 for portrait before you send for printing. can be easily done with most image editing softwares
its better to crop yourself than let them crop for you or print without cropping(ur image will become even smaller)

Best is take all your photos using 3:2 aspect ratio. This way, nothing will be cropped off.

Snoweagle said:
Best is take all your photos using 3:2 aspect ratio. This way, nothing will be cropped off.

Currently me using 8MP to take all my shots...
So if I was to use the 3:2 aspect ratio...
How much difference will the quality of the pictures be?

Alankpy said:
Currently me using 8MP to take all my shots...
So if I was to use the 3:2 aspect ratio...
How much difference will the quality of the pictures be?

I'm not sure about 8MP but for me i'm using my 3.2MP compact digicam and usual at 4:3 is 2048 x 1536 pixels and at 2.8MP (3:2), it's at 2048 x 1360 pixels.

Snoweagle said:
I'm not sure about 8MP but for me i'm using my 3.2MP compact digicam and usual at 4:3 is 2048 x 1536 pixels and at 2.8MP (3:2), it's at 2048 x 1360 pixels.

:think: Hmm... maybe I will try taking shots @ 3:2 ratio aspect & see if I get the same problem again.

Thanks! ;)

crop to the size of the print. eg. Super 8R crop to 12in by 10in, 4R crop to 4in by 6in(4R size i'm not very sure, can someone comfirm pls)

Alankpy said:
:think: Hmm... maybe I will try taking shots @ 3:2 ratio aspect & see if I get the same problem again.

Thanks! ;)

3:2 aspect ratio u'll get exactly what u take. If u're taking in normal 4:3, then u've to tell the lab to print in 4:3 cos usual is 3:2.

normallt they will print window, ie the 4R size window etc...

just tell them print fit image lor..

Alankpy said:

Thanks! ;)
So by doing that you are cropping your pictures instead of letting the lab do it for you. :)

if u are using a compact digital camera, chances are that it is taking photos in a 4:3 ratio where as the std size of a 4R is 4"x6" which is a 3:2 format....

the s4R format was created to print photos on hte 4:3 format...but the prints look a wee bit smaller imho.

ya choices now...try setting your camera such that it becomes a 3:2 format.... and the prints that u have taken so far...crop them ....

cheers

the difference between a 4:3 and a 3:2 aspect ratio is that a small portion of the top and bottom of the pic will be sheared off for the 4:3 format.

Snoweagle said:
the difference between a 4:3 and a 3:2 aspect ratio is that a small portion of the top and bottom of the pic will be sheared off for the 4:3 format.

:dunno: Any idea wats the quality of the picture like if I am using the 3:2 aspect ratio for the photo shoots? Will the quality be as good as if I am using 8MP setting? :confused:

If you're printing 4r, there won't be any discernable difference between 3MP and 8MP resolutions. 8MP is serious overkill for 4R. Don't waste time shooting in 8MP mode if you're never going to print larger than 4R, save space on your card and shoot at a lower resolution.

Yes Alankpy, for 4R shots, even 2MP makes the deal but that's the least you can go.

Snoweagle said:
Yes Alankpy, for 4R shots, even 2MP makes the deal but that's the least you can go.

:sweatsm: Hahaha... yah hor... true true!!!

Thanks for the advices guys!!!

:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.