Help! shutter goes crazy after inserting battery

kaldori

Aug 12, 2011
Help guys, my shutter goes into burst mode after inserting the battery, even when the switch was off. Any clue on what could be the issue?
LCD still powers on and can navigate the menu / preview. But if press the shutter button it shows 'camera error' - the shutter still in burst mode all the time until battery is removed.

It's a Nex 5n that have been with me for years... worth repairing? If so, any recommendation?

Help guys, my shutter goes into burst mode after inserting the battery, even when the switch was off. Any clue on what could be the issue?
LCD still powers on and can navigate the menu / preview. But if press the shutter button it shows 'camera error' - the shutter still in burst mode all the time until battery is removed.

It's a Nex 5n that have been with me for years... worth repairing? If so, any recommendation?

Time to look for a new one

The straight path to Sony Service Center would be one option. Get an assessment there. Sometimes it can be something small that has large scale effects.
Alternatively, our forum's camera whisperer fatigue could have a look. Contact details in his signature.
There are cameras repair shops in Adelphi mall, just drop my there (near City Hall MRT).

Test with another battery. May be just a faulty battery :)