Help Save Little Charmaine - A Photography Initiative

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so nice.... I can help if needed. :)
photocamel2.gif

Hi,

May I ask a question regards people helping ? I am not there to assist myself, but, is it possible for someone to approach companies there that deal in photography to assist also ?

Such as, ask a business that develop photo's to donate 1c for each photo developed ?

Ask camera retailers to put in some money, or , raffle off a camera and put the proceeds to the cause ?

Ask photo shoot organizers to put on a shoot that the proceeds will go to the cause ?

I know it is a big ask, and I am here just typing. But as I am not there, I can only submit ideas .

I hope anything of this can assist in any way.

Oh, by the way, apart from a photo shoot organizer (with a heart of gold) organizing a shoot for free (so to speak) there will obviously need to be models that will help in the same way.

Cheers :)

I'm in e midst of planning shoots for this good cause. I'll let u guys know once i finalise everything by this wkend. :)

Thank you so much for coming forward and offering your kindness, help and generosity in one way or another.

The last remaining logistic issue I mentioned awhile back was about the location.

This morning, I went down to recce a pet-store/grooming salon that has an adequete space/area to do a mobile studio with at least a two-light and reflector set-up. The only down-side is the location is a bit more towards one end of the island than being centralised. This may or may not affect donors' participation.

So, it looks like we're all set.

EXCEPT, I need to look for a table that's at least 4 feet x 4 feet, or two slightly smaller tables.

Now all we have to do is hope that the number of donors are sufficient to make next weekend a go-ahead. If the numbers are too little, we'll either consolidate it one ONE day only, or have no choice but to push it to the following weekend, which we hope won't be the case.

ONE GREAT WAY you all can help is to help spread the word round, both about Charmaine's plight as well as the Doggie Charity Photoshoot.

Below are the messages I've been providing for convenience. Please feel free to use whatever intro you feel is best.

HELP SAVE OUR FIESTY PRINCESS CHARMAINE LIM

Do drop by her blog and websites and offer help in anyway you can. Imagine if less than a quarter of Singapore donated just ONE DOLLAR each, Charmaine's chances of living may be increased from 20% to 40-50%

Every little bit helps.

http://www.ourfeistyprincess.com/
http://ourfeistyprincess.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=53217919641

DOGGIE CHARTY PHOTOSHOOT

Hey everyone,

further to my post here about Charmaine, the little girl who is raising money to seek treatment, I'm trying now to work with a photographer friend and thru him, a photography forum to hold a charity doggie shoot.

All proceeds will be donated to Charmaine. We're all doing this out of our own time and pockets and we have volunteer photographers waiting to help out. Any __ photogs who is interested in volunterring please let me know as well. You will receive soft copy files which you can print at cost, e-share and do what you like with no extravagant additional costs.

It'll be a make-shift studio set-up, location will be confirmed at a later date. Each time slot will be 30 minutes.

Charges are:
$30 for 1 backdrop and 2 digital files.
$50 for 2 backdrops and 5 digital files

Extra digital file at $10 each
Additional layout at $20 each
Maximum 2 dogs, if you have more than 2 dogs, additional dog at $10 each.

We're looking at starting next weekend, ie: 27 & 28 June, starting at 10:30am.

Please note that this is for CHARITY, and ALL proceeds will go to the family. Bookings are confirmed with payment. Changes subjest to slot availability. No refunds

Please email your preferred time slots or any enquiries to
doggieshoot@gmail.com

PS: Please feel free to cross-post this to any other dog forums, your facebook, twitter, friendster, blogs, websites and ask your friedns to help spread the word around.

THANK YOU!

I can help in photography.

Equipments, I have 3 speedlights, softbox and umbrella. Capable of producing "nice studio effect". We can do full side portraiture as well.

Let me know if you need my help.

was wondering if anybody wanna sacrifice their 16mm fisheye to shoot big headed dogs/cats/watever 2,4,6,8,10 legged animals that is there...

was wondering if anybody wanna sacrifice their 16mm fisheye to shoot big headed dogs/cats/watever 2,4,6,8,10 legged animals that is there...

Trust me its veryyyy hard haha i tried it in the field before.. ;p If i go i can lend out my 17-40 and 5D.. effect is quite close alr.

Acutally my 17-40 has a b+w.. its been a damn good investment cause all the nose/paw prints and slaliva cleans off very easily haha. Canon fisheye cannot put protective filter one =p

uSE dca'S RINGLIGHT FOR HI-FASHION LOOK ftw! Place ringflash over snout with 4mm feesheye for ultimate effect! :devil: :bsmilie:

Tech-wise, I need the lights to be moderately soft but slightly directional with fill from the other side.

I hesitate to use the hair light only because of possible space constraints behind and the the side of the backdrop, but we could try and see.

Lunas, do you have a gridded snoot or plain snoot and flags?

Last edited:
uSE dca'S RINGLIGHT FOR HI-FASHION LOOK ftw! Place ringflash over snout with 4mm feesheye for ultimate effect! :devil: :bsmilie:

Tech-wise, I need the lights to be moderately soft but slightly directional with fill from the other side.

I hesitate to use the hair light only because of possible space constraints behind and the the side of the backdrop, but we could try and see.

Lunas, do you have a gridded snoot or plain snoot and flags?

how many degree? i think he only have speedlights wor... not studio strobes.

Kidding lah!

I have DIY gridded snoot. :sweatsm:

See how on the day during set-up and testing. If got space, can use. If no space, bypass the hairlight.

Wuld love to 4mmfishyeye their snouts with your ringflash though! :bsmilie:

UPDATE

I'll be in contact with volunteers by Monday to make the necessary arrangements, but if anything in the meantime, please feel free to PM me.

Once again, thanks for all your support and emcouragement, on behalf of Charmaine and her team and me. :heart:

A Note of Thanks from Charmaine's Team:

Hi Everyone,

I cant thank you enough for all the efforts provided.
Currently, Charmaine and Cynthia are in the hospital but each and every fund raising activities, Cyn appreciate from the bottom of her heart.
There have been requests to meet up with both, but I would have to gently decline it at this point. Charmaine cant be out in crowded areas, nor under the Sun.

Special thanks to:
- Pooh Bear for initiating this thread and create the first footprint here.
- DM for arranging this shoot and liaising with the people involved
- Ortega, and the moderators to pull this through

An URL link has also been put up. (My Note: This refers to the Doggie Charity Shoot Details which I have already posted up. I can't post the link without clearance.)

Thank U so much.

END

I would personally add my thanks to the member on the dog forum who is helping me in the organisation and logistics as well as the Owner and Admin of the dog forum for gracious permission to carry out this initiative in their forum, and also for agreeing to the unenviable task of being Treasurer for this.

Kidding lah!

I have DIY gridded snoot. :sweatsm:

See how on the day during set-up and testing. If got space, can use. If no space, bypass the hairlight.

Wuld love to 4mmfishyeye their snouts with your ringflash though! :bsmilie:

i doubt can wor... the ringflash is abit too much depth. 24mm already vignet liao. but can use by the side.

LOL! HOKAY!

Let's not OT here too much. The rest of the world has a link to this thread! :bsmilie:

will pass my zenit 16mm fe to dm tomorrow, but its canon mount, not m42.

No worries Dennis. Your lens will come back very well polished! :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.