Help! Recovering photos - corrupt disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Ice

Dec 7, 2006
Planet Earth
www.tyregirl.com
hi All

Recently I was showing my friends photos I had taken. The next time the camera came back to me, the screen said "do you want to reformat?"

1. I said no, took the card out (it's 2GB) card and pushed it back in - no joy.
2. My friend tried loading it on his card reader - couldn't see any files
3. Downloaded the recovery software, and it could not see there was a drive

Is there anything else I can do to recover?

Would be grateful for any other advice.

hi All

Recently I was showing my friends photos I had taken. The next time the camera came back to me, the screen said "do you want to reformat?"

Try this software:

http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/index2.htm

It might help, it's not free though.

Best
Wesley

Try Sandisk RescuePro. Happened to my friends XD card and managed to recover most of the photo and video.

If you leave around woodlands, you might want to pass the card to me and i can try to recover it for you.

Try Sandisk RescuePro. Happened to my friends XD card and managed to recover most of the photo and video.

If you leave around woodlands, you might want to pass the card to me and i can try to recover it for you.

hey namespace - thank you so much for the offer.......unfortunately am in the UK at the mo. learning to enjoy the cold!

If all fails I shall try to do recovery of your photos with the software I have.. hopefully it works.:)

hey matrix - many thanks

gonna try one more software at the end of the week.....then if that fails, will see if the manufacturer can retrieve the data.

Hmm do you find this happens often, as you folks all have software recovery programs?

Hi,

anyone don't mind can send me the software cause i accidentally delete the photos away from the memory card. Thanks

hey matrix - many thanks

gonna try one more software at the end of the week.....then if that fails, will see if the manufacturer can retrieve the data.

Hmm do you find this happens often, as you folks all have software recovery programs?

Mine comes with SanDisk Extreme CF card and reader.

Mine comes with SanDisk Extreme CF card and reader.

is dis like some damn problem from XD cards? i used to have dis problem.

wad i did was just took out the XDcard, random shaking, blow into the cardslot, prayed and put it back in. take out the batteries too.

for some reason, it works. SOMETIMES.

so what is the best recommended software that recovers deleted photos from an SD card?

how much do shops chrage? if i wanna recover deleted photos from a 2gig SD card?

eh, read above. Why bring it to the shop when u can download it for free. I use
recover my files, but its a retail ver very good.

I have been told that if all else fails, sending your card back to the manufacturer (as long as it is a reputable manfacturer) - they will try to recover the files and give you a new card as well.

You can try PC Inspector - Smart Recovery. It worked for me, plus its free. :thumbsup:

Takes quite a long time to scan thru 2GB tho.

http://www.download.com/PC-Inspector-Smart-Recovery/3000-2242_4-10261986.html

It may also be that your card has permanently fail, in which case I don't think there's any easy solution to recover the pics.

good luck!

hi All

I believe this problem is common for USB storage devices like flash thumb drive , ext. USB removable HD and USB card reader. It should be caused by the incompatible USB storage driver which corrupt the FAT of the media. Only recover application can restore the files or images back. My recommendation is do not use these devices for unknown PC esp. friend's PC. That is also why I recommend NAS for backup instead of USB removable HD.

Try www.datasavers.com.sg if you need the data badly. Should be the lowest price in Singapore for professional recovery. My hdd recovered there.

Status
Not open for further replies.