HELP!!!! PS CS3 loss of sRGB input profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

TME

Jan 19, 2002
Clementi
Anyone can help?

I just allowed Adobe to update my CS3. I usually print with the setting allowing the printer to decide the colours. I use an Epson R1800. And what's happen is that my input profile in the printer dialog box now automatically defaults to Std Photo YCC Print instead of sRGB which is the original colour space of my photo! My prints look terrible now... there is no sRGB option in the drop down menu! Yikes! How? I still have CS2 installed and that's the same case as well... what happened to my input profile's sRGB option?!

Anyone can help?!

Thanks!

Ah... solved my own problem... just added the sRGB profile to the printer's colour management under Control Panel > Printers and Scanners > Epson R1800 > Properties > Colour Management...

Thanks!

I would advice you to let Photoshop control the colours... this way, in case you want to print on another printer, your colours would be more consistent... as well, you would be able to use the Photoshop softproofing facility...

I would advice you to let Photoshop control the colours... this way, in case you want to print on another printer, your colours would be more consistent... as well, you would be able to use the Photoshop softproofing facility...

Unfortunately it seems that the Epson driver for the R1800 tends to double manage the colours even when selecting to only let PS manage the colours... I have noticed that even with original inks and canned profiles, the pictures are significantly darker... but on switching to allowing the R1800 to manage the colours, it seems better, closing to the proof on screen... not sure if other R1800 users do the same but this double management thing is a well-known problem with the R1800 and supposed to make it a very difficult printer to profile properly...

I'm not familiar with this particular model, but usually letting Photoshop control colour is a 2 step operation... first, at the Photoshop print options screen, you have to select the appropriate option to allow Photoshop to control the colour, then within the printer options itself you would also have to select some option stating that the printer would not control colour... if that is what you have done and still the problem exists, then its some other thing then...

Yupe, that is right... the colour management has to be set at the printer and PS ends... and yes, the Epson R1800 still affects the colour management after turning it off in the printer driver... I think the newer printers have this solved... i.e. the R2400, R1900 and higher models...

Status
Not open for further replies.