HELP - problems connecting cam with com

Status
Not open for further replies.

with_brokenwings

Jul 6, 2006
the 15th
www.eugene.oepri.com
hey all

im using a eos 300D and recently i have a problem with getting my com to connect with my cam. ive tried reinstalling the WIA driver and even tried connecting the cam with another com.. still, it isnt working.. what should i do?

or should i just get a cf card reader? will it still transfer the image info [like shutter speed, apperture etc] over?

please help!

Can't advise you on how to solve your connection problem but certainly you can use a card reader to transfer images without loss of exif info (shutter speed, aperture, etc.). It's also generally faster.

Check that in the camera there is one setting to change the connection type. Make sure it is not set to print/PTP. If it is change it to PC.

Check that in the camera there is one setting to change the connection type. Make sure it is not set to print/PTP. If it is change it to PC.

Yup just do this first. It may not be set to pc. If it still fails then a cheap solution would be to buy a card reader and your problem is solved.

Yupz, card reader is better... :thumbsup:

it IS set to normal mode.. not ptp. i tried troubleshooting from canon site and they said its a driver problem.. the WIA driver... hhmmm.. thanks though..

roughly how much is a card reader anyways?

Roughly $20 can get you a good one. I reccommend the kingstion 15 in 1 card reader. Its fast and good. Only gripe is no XD card slot so if you have fuji the you are out of luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.