Help: Printing Digital Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcwe68

Jul 3, 2003
HOME
Visit site
Please help, I need to print some digital photos. I know there are other threads that discuss some of these before, however, I would like more specific details i.e. your own personal experience / workflow going to your favorite photography shop to print out your digital photos. Details you should provide

1) Which shop you go
2) What media you use to store your digital photo to bring to the shop (cdrom,portable harddisk, CF etc)
3) What file format eg jpg, gif, tif, raw?
4) What type of photo paper you print to and what size and price
5) What instruction you give to the shop to get what you want
6) What post processing/workflow you do to the digital photo before you bring it to shop. Talk specifically only about things you do for the purpose of printing (don't include things like doing USM i.e. assume the digital photo is color corrected and USM applied). Info like, do you crop to 3:2 format, do you attach profile to your digital photo so that color is printed correctly (colors are printed according to the color you see on your screen).

I would like to request that only people (in Singapore) with real experience in printing their digital photo post to this thread. Those who don't do any thing special before printing can also post but please answer the above questions too. Don't talk about your experience printing to PC printers.

Thank you, thank you.

Wah so many questions, you must have some photos need to print urgently!

1) FotoHub at Bukit Timah Road
2) I email softcopy or give them the CDROM, depends on urgency
3) only jpg (most common)
4) I only want Fujim no Kodak for me, print size 4R & 8R (cost is different for you and for me)
5) sometimes I want no adjustment, sometimes I want them to adjust the colour for me, you must also tell them crop or no crop
6) many different ways of post processing, beyond crop 3:2 & USM, sometimes I use diffuse glow, sometimes gaussian blur, sometimes adjust with levels and contrast manually, and other times play with colour or grain size (this is a big topic by itself you know?)

1) Which shop you go
KT Digital Imaging at Upper Cross St

2) What media you use to store your digital photo to bring to the shop (cdrom,portable harddisk, CF etc)
I save whatever I want to print on spare CF... more portable for me

3) What file format eg jpg, gif, tif, raw?
JPeG

4) What type of photo paper you print to and what size and price
Fuji CA Supreme only, CS price for 4R is 0.30ea.

5) What instruction you give to the shop to get what you want
No adjustments..... see below

6) What post processing/workflow you do to the digital photo before you bring it to shop. Talk specifically only about things you do for the purpose of printing
Just crop to 3:2 for 4Rs... ditto for other sizes. Don't need to bother about profile as I'm so used to adjusting to the Frontier machine colors.

For details like where the shops are located, I think you can easily do a search. Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.