HELP Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2004
Serangoon Nth
Hi,

I have a problem with the circular polorizer when used with my EF 70-300mm III lens. The body is a EOS 30.

Whenever I zoom out of 70mm, the viewfinder looks out of focus (double or slpit images) but the body thinks it is focused (beep beep). I tried to refocus to fra and near objects but the lens just can't focus -- and the camera keeps reading as in-focus.

When I remove the C PL. everything is OK.

I am really afraid if there is someting wrong with the EOS 30. How can it return a in-focus reading when the viewfinder shows 'slpit image' ?

This is a big time crisis for me. Please help. :confused:

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
I also had the same problem on my 70-200 f2.8 and 19-35 f3.5-f4.5 lens when I mount a CP (both lens share the CP because same filter size). But there is no problem when using my friend's CP.

So this means, time to change your CP lah.

Prismatic

Feb 25, 2003
In the void.
Visit site
dreamtheatre said:
Hi,

I have a problem with the circular polorizer when used with my EF 70-300mm III lens. The body is a EOS 30.

Whenever I zoom out of 70mm, the viewfinder looks out of focus (double or slpit images) but the body thinks it is focused (beep beep). I tried to refocus to fra and near objects but the lens just can't focus -- and the camera keeps reading as in-focus.

When I remove the C PL. everything is OK.

I am really afraid if there is someting wrong with the EOS 30. How can it return a in-focus reading when the viewfinder shows 'slpit image' ?

This is a big time crisis for me. Please help. :confused:
It could be:
1.Your CP is an LP instead.
2. Your particular brand of CP just so happens has a filtering size that correspond with AF contrast-reading sensor. (In other words SUAY*)

Remedy:
Check your filter.
Change brand of filter.

Aug 20, 2004
Serangoon Nth

Well, at least the damage in terms of $$$$$ is not that bad :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom