Help: Place to buy Kata bag in Singapore for Pentaxian from Vietnam

wazzupku

Apr 24, 2010
Hi guys

I am not sure if this is the right place or not, so please do excuse me if this is in the wrong place. My friend is going to Singapore inc Oct and I asked her to help me buy a Kata 3n1-20 or 22 bag. However, I am not sure where would be a good place, cheap price to buy the bag. Would you guys mind to spread me some light?

Many thanks

Hi, your frend can try ms color at ang mo kio central. =)

Hi guys

I am not sure if this is the right place or not, so please do excuse me if this is in the wrong place. My friend is going to Singapore inc Oct and I asked her to help me buy a Kata 3n1-20 or 22 bag. However, I am not sure where would be a good place, cheap price to buy the bag. Would you guys mind to spread me some light?

Many thanks

why Kata? Billingham is nicer :devil:

yup artworkfoto at midlink plaza, just behind iluma.

i got mine from challenger in Funan. they have a nice selection of kata bags. if your friend doesn't have the time to explore and hunt around, suggest they just go there. i don't think its much more expensive.

Orient Photo at Sim Lim Square level 6 gives good prices on Kata bags

Hi, thanks a lot for your inputs :) Do you mind to share with me how much kata 3n1-20 and -22 cost?

wazzupku said:
Hi, thanks a lot for your inputs :) Do you mind to share with me how much kata 3n1-20 and -22 cost?

I saw $130 for 3n1-20 at tk foto

U sure u want this type of bag? I find it too stiff

TK photo in Funan IT Mall sells bags at a very competitive price.
I bought a Kata Dr466i yesterday at TK photo for $115 compared to Challenger selling at $160 and Song brothers at ~$135.
Other bags at TK photo are also selling cheaper than other shops in Funan Mall. ;)

I saw $130 for 3n1-20 at tk foto

U sure u want this type of bag? I find it too stiff

I was actually looking at this one but then when i went over to try out. I find it too stiff too.
However, if TS want good protection and easy access to camera compartment it will be a good choice.

xtunbox said:
TK photo in Funan IT Mall sells bags at a very competitive price.
I bought a Kata Dr466i yesterday at TK photo for $115 compared to Challenger selling at $160 and Song brothers at ~$135.
Other bags at TK photo are also selling cheaper than other shops in Funan Mall. ;)

At one point of time the dr467i was selling at $105 at artworkfoto... It's slightly bigger than the dr466i if I'm not wrong..

But ok la. Just dun go challenger to buy thinking it'll be cheaper than other places.. :sweatsm:

At one point of time the dr467i was selling at $105 at artworkfoto... It's slightly bigger than the dr466i if I'm not wrong..

But ok la. Just dun go challenger to buy thinking it'll be cheaper than other places.. :sweatsm:

u compare before? how much more expensive is challenger?

detritus said:
u compare before? how much more expensive is challenger?

Aiyo uncle ah, the guy I just quoted in my above reply just said $160 leh... :bsmilie:

Aiyo uncle ah, the guy I just quoted in my above reply just said $160 leh... :bsmilie:

paiseh lor... missed a few post.

yeah. challenger costs more for the 466. though iirc, the 123-go-10 i got from there wasn't that much more expensive.

detritus said:
paiseh lor... missed a few post.

yeah. challenger costs more for the 466. though iirc, the 123-go-10 i got from there wasn't that much more expensive.

How much u paid? I saw Tk foto selling for 85$.

Hi, many thanks. 130 is a good price compare to Vietnam. Because then I can get around 7% tax return at air port. By the way, what do you mean by too stiff? I haven't got a chance to try it on, only saw it on the internet...

wazzupku said:
Hi, many thanks. 130 is a good price compare to Vietnam. Because then I can get around 7% tax return at air port. By the way, what do you mean by too stiff? I haven't got a chance to try it on, only saw it on the internet...

The bag structure is rigid stiff. Not like normal backpack. So when u carry it, it's like a box.

Some ppl like it, some don't. Personally I don't like.

The top portion can't put alot of things like a small water bottle

Oh, thanks. It is cool for me that way. I like it stiff better. But how about the trap, does it feel stiff too when you put it on your shoulder? I don't like stiff strap like Crumpler backbag

Oh, thanks. It is cool for me that way. I like it stiff better. But how about the trap, does it feel stiff too when you put it on your shoulder? I don't like stiff strap like Crumpler backbag

the straps are very comfortable. kata bags are well designed and well made.

the 3N1 is just not the fastest if u need to quickly remove your camera from your bag or change lens. a sling bag is faster for that.