Help! Pentax K-7

jiawei0727

Mar 4, 2010
Hi all,

i am new here and i am thinking of getting a K-7 (i am new to the world of dslr in fact i got not much knowledge.). Slr Rev got stock only for the body. is it advisable that i get a tamron 18-200 for $430 cos every where got no stock for pentax lenses!! What can i do!!

Last edited:
Hi all,

i am new here and i am thinking of getting a K-7. Slr Rev got stock only for the body. is it advisable that i get a tamron 18-200 for $430 cos every where got no stock for pentax lenses!! What can i do!!

go for 18-55 and 50-200WR it's well worth the wait.

They got no pentax lenses at all. what other brands you recommend and how much is the cos approximately?

I did call up them to check but they told me that they got no stock for pentax lenses. Btw how much you got yours for?

I bought my k7 and lenses from SLR revolution. Only bought flash from MSC. reasonable price and nearer to where I stay. The WR lenses is a good buy. Worth waiting.

But if the WR kit is not bundled i doubt it will be a good deal. I called Slr Rev this afternoon they say they have no ideal when will it be coming and it might take even months to come

I bought my k7 and lenses from SLR revolution. Only bought flash from MSC. reasonable price and nearer to where I stay. The WR lenses is a good buy. I myself got to wait for the lenses when I first bought by K7. But the wait is worth while. Get the body first. and while waiting for the lenses to arrive, go through the manual and familiarize with camera functions. Btw exactly what type of lenses are you looking for?

actually i got no specific lenses i am looking for. i will be using it for family and street photo. Can you recommend me some lenses for me ? i think I'll wait and get both the lenses and body

K7 don't come bundle with lens as far as I know. The WR kit itself, if the promotion price still valid, should not cost you more than 439sgd. And if SLR still offer you the same price as before CNY, then it's a no brainer. You can never get another brand camera offering the same capabilities at the price you can get a K7.

3rd party lenses has it's own characteristics. Sigma lenses (might not be all) tends to give cooler images compared to Pentax lenses. Tamron I have not try so I shall not comment. If you don't want to wait, Clubsnap got the marketplace for you to look for lenses. At least if you don't like the lens, you can sell it off at a smaller loss.

i dont mind waiting but i am afraid that it wont come so fast and slr rev told me that they are unsure that if the promo is still on. i think i really need to wait and see how it goes and i need the camera by 3rd week of march as i will be going overseas.

Last edited:
i dont mind waiting but i am afraid that it wont come so fast and slr rev told me that they are unsure that if the promo is still on. i think i really need to wait and see how it goes and i need the camera by 3rd week of march as i will be going overseas.

Well, get a K-x instead, which is more affordable and the stock is available too.

Ample time to practice shooting before your overseas trip.

ermm if you cannot find the lens you need where you buy the body, have you tried other shops?

Last i seen about, there were quite a number of lens at orient photo (sim lim square 6th floor), have seen them at cathay photo (penisular plaza), tk photo (shaw tower opp suntec city)

Maybe you can try telling us what are you looking to shoot and we can recommend you something?

There is also the choice to buy second hand here in Buy and sell. Can just buy and sell at maybe little lost when you are done with the lens after the trip

btw i did not have a lens when i brought my k-7 too. I just brought a second hand kit lens for $50 from the buy and sell section and it was good enough for general photography

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=113

Last edited:

Hmm.. Maybe you can buy the K7 first and ask them to reserve the Dual lens for you? Hopefully, that would ensure you that you will get the promotion price for the lens? (Call and check with them whether it is applicable this way?) However, how long the stock comes:dunno:, really is an issue. Kinda of frustrating and lost when you got a body but no lens to use.

And also since you need it by 3rd week of March which is fast approaching, maybe you can look at the clubsnap Buy and sell section, as stated by Dudekia and Fireemblem.

If not, K-x is an another option.

i was actually thinking i'll wait till next friday as they cant assure me the promo price as they aren't sure if the price is still vaild. if by friday there still isit any stock i will head down to IT show to hunt for one if i cant find k-7 i think i might go for D90 or 550D

Last edited:
wah..so fast everything sell off?
i bought my k7 last friday with a DA 16-45....still got their 17-70..50-135...16-50...60-250 in stock......must be damn popular lately....

Maybe u can consider getting a manual 50mm 1.7 prime lens 1st...

Hi all,

i am new here and i am thinking of getting a K-7 (i am new to the world of dslr in fact i got not much knowledge.). Slr Rev got stock only for the body. is it advisable that i get a tamron 18-200 for $430 cos every where got no stock for pentax lenses!! What can i do!!

Good choices around the price you are going to pay for the 18-200 are Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 18-50/2.8, Tamron 28-75/2.8 (~$650)

Last edited:
i was actually thinking i'll wait till next friday as they cant assure me the promo price as they aren't sure if the price is still vaild. if by friday there still isit any stock i will head down to IT show to hunt for one if i cant find k-7 i think i might go for D90 or 550D

Why not get the K-x with 18-55 lens? good camera too . . .