help!!: outing to msia

Status
Not open for further replies.

coconut

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
hey ppl..

just wonder whether anyone can give some suggestions to places good for shooting in west coast of west malaysia.. erm..thinking of bringing ard 10 of my friends there...

erm..hoping to look for a place with sea, sand, nice landscape...and far far away from concrete buildings..:p

Thx..

If your friends do not appreciate photography, hahaha...
Good luck...
:cry:

haha ..no lah...we are all into photography.

Are you on a budget or a normal trip with all the comforts? Can give you some suggestions as i am staying in m'sia. How many days are you prepared to stay?
You can e-mail me at maxby@tm.net.my ;)

be there ard 3 days two nites.. can assume as a budget trip lah..
got some friends ard msia too, but most importantly is to get a place nice for photo shooting.

Well, 3 days & 2 nites is a rather short trip. If you are going in early nov., then the east coast of msia up to Mersing will be very good. Brillant sunset scenes, picturesque "kampongs", beautiful beaches and if you are more adventurous, there is a nature reserve in Endau Rompin (very near Mersing) and some island hoping as well. Most of the island's take-off point are in Mersing. However, you will meet the monsoons in late Nov. Forgot to mention very cheap and fresh seafood too. Hotel accomodation is vey reasonable...try Hotel Seri Malaysia, (C&G)....around sgd40.

Enjoy yourself. ;)

dreamseeker said:
Try Malacca or Port Dickson.

Other than the historical buildings, where in Malacca would be ideal for people's everyday lifestyle and street shots. TIA

AReality said:
Sure east coast got sunset? :think:

Try sabah but haf to fly la

um...thot sabah and east coast is sunrise :confused: but planning to sabah next june semester break..hehe
wonder if i go those kampong area...whether i can actually rent car there or town nearby to go around?? :think:

Ha ha, caught you there......got to think outside the box sometimes.....in photography you learn to see and feel and not look.......lesson no.1 when I learn photography not many years ago.

You can always rent a car in JB....there are always running cabs around in small towns....part of the photographic experience is to get close to the subject.

Bet you are going for a sight seeing experience not so much a photographic experience. :cool:

I'm from sabah... Kota kinabalu is a great place to visit .... the sunset is just super.... not forgeting the mountain .... but i don recomend hiking up the mountain with u're equipment ,,,,, :dunno:

Jack_Ryan said:
I'm from sabah... Kota kinabalu is a great place to visit .... the sunset is just super.... not forgeting the mountain .... but i don recomend hiking up the mountain with u're equipment ,,,,, :dunno:

wonder whether need to have special care for the camera cos of the colder environment :think:

Think of Pulau Ketam ... Think is quite a nice place to get some "fish village" shot ...
Wow seems like mersing is quite a nice place.. but wher is mersing? hahaha :D

Status
Not open for further replies.