.....help our new friends.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulhan

May 11, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.md-sulhan.com
Well...personally i feel we need to help educate newbies and also share experience as a precautionary measure not a scare them .

----------we need more volunteers to help educate our peers------

I have just closed a refund with a "clubsnapper" who is quite new with photography (in this case i'm the 2nd hand lens seller).

Recently i sold a 2x teleconverter to this nice man and he was happy with the price and he took it back.

After trying for a few days, he called me back to tell me that the teleconverter cannot AF - quickly asking for a refund. Well, as a clubsnapper myself i asked him some questions like the type of lens he is using etc. Apparently, he was using a f3.5-5.6 lens and this explains the failure for AF in his camera as the teleconverter
resulted in a drop in stops to f6.7-f9. Hence the failure to AF.

I personally met him with our equipments and i showed him using a faster lens. He was then convinced that there is no problem with the teleconverter and was disapointed - BUT he learned something about the teleconverter through this process. Since he is still in school i offered him a refund as he is still in school and would not be able to buy a faster lens in the near future. I refunded him his money and he was glad. At least i made a new friend.

We need to help our new fellow photographers to learn about their equipment (what they already have) - not pressurizing them on buying newer or better equipments but to make the fullest of their outfit.

We need outings to share experiences.......

Till then....

Regards,
me

;)

TUMB UP! :thumbsup: sulhan ;)

Good job! A very kind person indeed.

:thumbsup:

Yeah! :thumbsup:

That's the way we should go about buying or selling stuff we have.

We're not selling our stuff to make a living, we're just passing on stuff we don't have use for so that others can benefit from it.

:cool:

*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

Good of you sulhan ;) And great suggestion!!
We shall hope to see more of you during our outings!! :)

a role model to learn from
:rbounce: :rbounce: :rbounce:

Always good to know there're nice chaps around. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.