help on taking fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackjazzboy

Sep 15, 2003
Bk Pj
Visit site
need help, not sure whether my A70 can take fireworks? pls adv which mode or shuther should i adjust? thanks in advance ;) ;)

Bro Latmo,

Did you pre- focus somewhere around the bridge or just point at the fireworks when they explode?
Thanx

no i just put my camera there and wait for the firework to come to my frame and shoot it

may be should use manual focus next time to increase the speed i already switch off AiAF < by the time it find the focus point the firework is gone lol

blackjazzboy said:
need help, not sure whether my A70 can take fireworks? pls adv which mode or shuther should i adjust? thanks in advance ;) ;)

Hi black,

You might one to consider the following points from my experience with my A60. ;)

I've tried taking fireworks last year with my A60 and the fireworks turned out blur even when i use a tripod(not a sturdy one though).

One conclusion i made is my tripod is not sturdy enough, hence when i depress the shutter, the camera together with the tripod tends to 'sink down' too. i tried to press lightly but it still happen so my advice is to get a STURDY tripod. If even after getting a STURDY tripod but u still get blury pics, i guess thats the limitation of our camera(A60/70) since there is no means we can use a remote trigger.

One possible solution is to use the 2sec self timer but you'll have problems catching the 'bursts' of the fireworks as it's really difficult to estimate.

The couple of 'OK' shots can be seen at http://www.pbase.com/ordinaryless2/national_day_parade_2003 if you're interested ;)

PS: Litmo, i can't access into ya pics..seems that ya webby is down for maintence.

hm ya it will down for an hour or so
2sec mode will be useful but not in firework ... you will never know after 2 sec what is the firework like
so getting a good tripod is a good way to slove

i will recommend Slik Triopod Pro cost me $85 at CP

tks for the adv and also sharing the photo .. that hope i can take some nice firework this coming Sun and MOn .. ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.