help on Singapore Postage Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

SianZronG

Sep 2, 2002
Punggol
www.1stjournal.com
If i send my photos through mail how do i indicate that they are not suppose to fold the document cause sometimes they squeeze it into the mailbox.....

Thanks

Put a wooden piece of plywood of a suitable size inside.
This will ensure they cannot fold it.

AReality said:
Put a wooden piece of plywood of a suitable size inside.
This will ensure they cannot fold it.

wah if i'm sending out alot of photos leh... where am i suppose to find so many plywood! haha

why don't you use a courier service? If send locally, a one day service should cost around $6. A few hours service is probably going to cost you $10 - $15.

Courier is fast, convenient as they come to you and is safer.

Just search for courier service using www.yellowpages.com.sg

You can try using harder pieces of cardboard for backing.
Err...write "Please do not fold - photos inside", boxed, on the envelope? :think:
You can send one to yourself as a test run. ;p

I've sent out photos in envelopes marked clearly "WARNING - PHOTOS INSIDE, DO NOT BEND!" in reasonably large red text-box on the front of the envelope, with the 6R size photos backed up with matt-board. They've arrived ok. You can probably use any kind of stiff cardboard or foam-board... plywood will be a little heavy, and since singpost charges by weight as well as envelope size, well...

Why not put the address you're sending to as the return address, then put a bogus address in front, U "forget" the stamp...

:think: does it work?

AReality said:
Why not put the address you're sending to as the return address, then put a bogus address in front, U "forget" the stamp...

:think: does it work?

:think: :think:

Azure said:
SianZrong,
I've got some. Let you have them.

i need 14 8r sizes one.... you got? haha... my 6R one i think i leave them alone ba.... just put the DO NOT FOLD IN front haha....

SianZronG said:
i need 14 8r sizes one.... you got? haha... my 6R one i think i leave them alone ba.... just put the DO NOT FOLD IN front haha....
I think 8R cannot fit into a normal letterbox leh...

AReality said:
I think 8R cannot fit into a normal letterbox leh...

yesh it can. it's considered large standard mail. i checked and i tried to slot in the large envelop into the slot and it can fit nicely....

jasphotography said:
why don't you use a courier service? If send locally, a one day service should cost around $6. A few hours service is probably going to cost you $10 - $15.

Courier is fast, convenient as they come to you and is safer.

Just search for courier service using www.yellowpages.com.sg
wah this one cannot ah i got 40+ items? haha... courier till i broke ah.... haha... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.