help on sharpness!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumma

Jan 5, 2005
Oulu, Finland, Finland
www.wongliji.com
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/drumma87/testing.jpg

hi guys, can u help me see if this is sharp enough? i don't really know to test this... i hope i'm seeing things. really scary!

okies, this is what i did. i took a few photos in malaysia and when i went back home to process the pictures, the pictures seemed abit blurred. anyone using C1 Pro?

hope u guys can give comments on the sharpness and any help available!! thanks!!

100% cropped.

not sure what you mean by "100% cropped". if this image is 100% of the actual size, then it's not sharp. if it's been heavily cropped and enlarged, then the sharpness is reasonable.

i cropped this part at 100%. my 100% is a 3076*2052 picture.. then i cropped that part out to see if it's sharp.
side track qns: does anyone know how to see where i focused? i think in some softwares(maybe the zoombrowser? i'm using canon) can allow me to see where i focused?

just to check.. some of my pictures are bit blurred!

Don't think there is a software that will tell you where you focused.Looking from the picture, your depth of field is shallow, but definately its in focused and sharp. But whether is it at the right place or not.. only you will know.

yes it is sharp enough. u focussed on the "T" and "P" area

will look sharper with sharpening

drumma said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/drumma87/testing.jpg

hi guys, can u help me see if this is sharp enough? i don't really know to test this... i hope i'm seeing things. really scary!

okies, this is what i did. i took a few photos in malaysia and when i went back home to process the pictures, the pictures seemed abit blurred. anyone using C1 Pro?

hope u guys can give comments on the sharpness and any help available!! thanks!!

100% cropped.

C1 Pro as in Phrase 1 C1 Pro digital back>? :bsmilie: ..... What camera? What f/stop do you use? How far are you away from the subject? But then your picture just have narrow depth of field. Don't think it is not sharp.

drumma said:
just to check.. some of my pictures are bit blurred!

Quick check. Do you know what Depth Of Field means i.e. DOF?

blurblock said:
C1 Pro as in Phrase 1 C1 Pro digital back>? :bsmilie: ..... What camera? What f/stop do you use? How far are you away from the subject? But then your picture just have narrow depth of field. Don't think it is not sharp.

yes! using this sofware.

drumma said:
subject distance, focal length and aperture?

Something along that line. I can't comment on the shots that you got in Malaysia, but for the attached photo, try mounting your camera on a trippod and shoot with smaller apertures e.g. f8 onwards. Smaller apertures will provide you with more DOF, as such sharper images. I am just assum9ing that you are referring to the blurness on the background of the photo?

okie.. thanks!! i'm actually doing a test now like shooting at 28mm, 50mm and 75mm. at apertures of 2.8, 4.5, 8 and 11. is there a proper way to test a lens?

thanks for all the inputs!

Status
Not open for further replies.