Help on Panorama Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilkenny

May 8, 2003
Bukit Panjang
Hi all,

Below are two panorama pictures i took, both taken with the same camera and stitched with the same software, Panorama Maker 3 from Arcsoft. The only difference being the tripod used. The clouds one was taken with slik U6600 and the grand palace wan using sprint pro gm.

For both shots i just stood stationary and adjusted the bearing of the camera. I prefer the effect tt the slik u6600 cos its on a horizontal plane.....the sprint pro gm is ball head and gave a fisheye effect......:confused:

finally ......is there anyway i can achieved the effect i got with u6600......i contemplated moving my tripod to take the pictures in front of the respective sections but haven tried it out .....

:confused: please help .....

Clouds Panorama (SLIK U6600)

Grand Palace Panorama (SLIK Sprint Pro GM )

cheers
kilkenny

Whether or not the tripod is a ballhead or flathead has no bearing on the "fisheye" effect you are referring to.

I use Panorama Tools which allows you to select rectilinear or cylindrical projections. Rectilinear projections will maintain the keystone effect which is what you are used to, ie straight lines appear straight. Looks like Panorama Maker 3 is using cylindrical projections which allows you to make wider panoramers but you will get the fisheye effect.

The reason your clouds panorama looks more natural to you is because there are no straight lines in the photo.

Alrite,

Thanks ........is there anywhere i can get free panorama programs then.......? ;) i noe panorama factory is a shareware.....

So linse....pardon me if i seem dense but u are saying that regardless of flathead or ballhead tripod i can achieve the right effect with the right program.....right? ;p

Please enlighten me if i am wrong.

Cheers
Kilkenny

Status
Not open for further replies.