Help on Olympus 5050, G3, S602Z, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CG3

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone out there is familiar with the 5050? I was actually quite sold on the idea of getting the G3, but I was recommended the 5050 instead (seem pretty good, but has only 3X zoom and LCD does not rotate around.....if only, but its a 5MP....:) I am getting so damm damm confuse....eerrrggghhhh!!!

So now my options are 5050, G3, S602Z, but I think I will lean more towards the first two, as the S602 has only 3MP. The CP5700, 7hi and sony's 717 is something i would like to have but I think it would cost way too much after adding all the extra little goodies.

As i am pretty new to the 5050, i would appreciate if you people could help me out with my final 3 choices.

Price wise, the 5050 cost about $40-45 more than the G3, and the price differance of the G3 compared to the S602 is about $135.

Thus it would really be great if I could get some first hand comments on the above stated cameras. And thus allow me to make up my mind- planning to get a camera this weekend (didn't know that buying a digital camera was this stressfull).

Thanks in advance

Hi.

seems to me u like the 5050 pretty much leh.
Imho, get e body tt u really like, ie. the feel, the built n the ease of handling.
on e counts of pixels, e general belief... is get the most u can afford. Cropping e picture for printing can result in considerable resolution losses. (personal experiences):(

more zoom r always cherish, but not at e expense of pic quality.
long zoom w obvious distortion is silly.

obviously.....there is no perfect DC in e world.....like wine, the best one is the one that you fancy wen u 1st tried it.

happy DC shopping tis wkd, hope u can really stretch ur dollars!

:D

all the cameras are pretty good. I would say try to handle each of them in one shop and decide from there.

I think u might be pleased with 602z over G3. Like mpenza said a visit down to the shops for hands on and tryouts is a must.

actually just checked out the fuji website. seems like the F602Z only costs 850 bucks brand new (500USD on the net)... looks like there was a great drop in price. Anyone has gotten a quotation for this camera recently?

Originally posted by Chokky
actually just checked out the fuji website. seems like the F602Z only costs 850 bucks brand new (500USD on the net)... looks like there was a great drop in price. Anyone has gotten a quotation for this camera recently?

you'd be dreaming to find a new 602 for 850 bucks. cheapest i heard is alan photo at $1020.

F602 is a diif series. They are refering to the S602Z here. Oops, is there a F602Z? :confused:

really true... u check out the fuji website... the price is quoted below under the cam... and i went to check out the prices they sell on the net thru their dealers... even can order through them... but no idea how much need to pay for shipping...
If i ship in myself, anyone has any idea whether need to pay tax?

http://shopping.yahoo.com/shop?d=product&id=1990849246
u don't believe me, u check urself...

If you are printing 4R photos 3mp would be more than enuf.. :D

really true... u check out the fuji website... the price is quoted below under the cam... and i went to check out the prices they sell on the net thru their dealers... even can order through them... but no idea how much need to pay for shipping...
Hi, I have checked the Fuji website http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/ep...nav=0&parent=PRODUCT_CATEGORY_234644&product=

and click on the "Buy Online" The S602 is listed at $699 and F601 at $499. Is not that I don't believe you, I just want to clarify.

but no idea how much need to pay for shipping...
If i ship in myself, anyone has any idea whether need to pay tax?

http://shopping.yahoo.com/shop?d=product&id=1990849246
I have check this site, they do have 2 sites selling at $492.99 and $497.99 respectively. So your claim is true on these 2 sites. They stated that Tax and Shipping not calculated and may be they only sell within USA. Why don't you find out the tax and shipping amount if they ship to ASia, may be it still worth while. But then, you have to think about the warranty issues?

Even if they do ship over. Freight charges will be seperate. Warranty is not local.

Issues. USD$500 probably x 1.8 = SGD$900

+ shipping = $50USD.

And the hassle of worrying the package information, the overall product and what if... what if... the camera is damaged... u'll have to send back for a new set.

All that for a few miserable dollars saved. Worth it?

true... espn, thanks for ur calculations... so that is the reason why in Singapore, we're quoted 1080 bucks for a new S602Z?

Pardon me this stupid question, Fuji sells directly to dealers, right? shops here should be offered the same price in USD right? How come here is more expensive? Paying for shipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.