Help on Nikon Capture.. Loading curve

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesis32

Oct 16, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Hi guys, I have tried loading a custom curve to D70 using the USB and Capture 4 trial version.

It gives me a msg: "the curve you have specified has been sent to the camera. It will not be used until you change the Tone Compensation to "User-defined Custom Curves""

What is this about? DOes it mean the curve is in the D70 but the old version is still being used to shoot? Also, where is the tone compensation?

The message means that the curve is loaded, but the curve won't be used until you specify "custom" under the tone setting in the image capture options on your cam.

gooseberry said:
The message means that the curve is loaded, but the curve won't be used until you specify "custom" under the tone setting in the image capture options on your cam.

I understand what you saying but i cannot seems to find the TONE SETTING on the menu of the D70. Under which sub-menu is it? Thanks

nemesis32 said:
I understand what you saying but i cannot seems to find the TONE SETTING on the menu of the D70. Under which sub-menu is it? Thanks

See the image under the 'Shooting Menu' ... that's the one. The Optimize Image option ...

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond70/page8.asp

Hi,

May I know how do I load custom curves into the D70? Does Capture 4 come with the D70 Kit, because I can't seem to find any custom curves option?

grado said:
Hi,

May I know how do I load custom curves into the D70? Does Capture 4 come with the D70 Kit, because I can't seem to find any custom curves option?

Hi Grado

You need to create or search online for curves. To load custom curve, you need to use Capture 4 (trial avail on nikon website) and hook up your camera to the PC.

After you upload, you will prob face the same prob as mine. See above... :bsmilie:

thanks to those who posted!

i was figuring out how to load curves and all that.. and this thread just provided me the answers! :bsmilie:

simplicity_ said:
thanks to those who posted!

i was figuring out how to load curves and all that.. and this thread just provided me the answers! :bsmilie:

Hehe.. i started all the trouble! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.