Help on Lens matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanahlisha

Jan 30, 2009
Woodlands
Hi Guys..

I own a 18-70 lens and getting a new set of lens soon. Read on the below lens but need your advise.

1. Tamron 17-50 + SAL 55-200/70-210 beercan

2. SAL 18250

I was wondering which one would be a better choice.
I understand that in no.2..It hits a longer focal length in 1 lens..
In no.1 i trade in the flexibility of a 1 lens fits all for an indoor fast lens in the 17-50..

I enjoy taking pictures of people on the street, my kids, indoor and landscape.

which one is better and appreciate your advise

Thanks

I think the compromise is pretty simple, just get #1. Use the 17-50 for above average landscape, indoors and portraits and 55-200 for streets, zoo, etc.

But still it depends on personal preference.

Get the Tamron 17-50mm & beercan. These are great lenses although you have a shorter range but the image given by these 2 lenses beats that of the 18-250mm especially in low light situation.

Thank you guys for taking your time to explain. I was also thinking of option 1 but a little tron between no.2 coz of the great review i read on alphamount world. By the way how much would be the new Tammy and the 2nd hand beercan???

Thanks again!

By the way whats the difference between the 70-210 & 75-300 Beercan and which would be a better buy???

Use Google, type in '75-300 beercan review' and see what you get. Plenty of information. From the numbers you can tell already the difference in terms of focal length.
The best buy is the lens that fits your needs.

Thank you guys for taking your time to explain. I was also thinking of option 1 but a little tron between no.2 coz of the great review i read on alphamount world. By the way how much would be the new Tammy and the 2nd hand beercan???

Thanks again!

This set up could cost you easily $1k. About $600 for the Tamron & $400 for the beercan.

By the way whats the difference between the 70-210 & 75-300 Beercan and which would be a better buy???

The 75-300mm f4-5.6 big beercan is the 1st generation of the 75-300mm AF lens. The quality is better than the rest of the series and the build of the lens is solid. Given the choice I would still go for the 70-210mm beercan.

I guess you would have known by now that the 70-210mm beercan was developed by Minolta after they had developed a lens of the same range for Leica. Some said that the optics of the lens is the same as that of the Leica.

If you can, then grab both the 70-210mm beercan & the 75-300mm big beercan.

Hi Galdor,

Thank you very much for the detailed information. I have got a deal for a Tamron, 2nd hand for $540 and would be saving a bit more for the beercan 70-210mm. Actually i'm torn between the SAL 18-250 and the Tamron but now have decided on the Tamron.

Thanks...

Hi Galdor,

Thank you very much for the detailed information. I have got a deal for a Tamron, 2nd hand for $540 and would be saving a bit more for the beercan 70-210mm. Actually i'm torn between the SAL 18-250 and the Tamron but now have decided on the Tamron.

Thanks...

You're most welcome. :)

Glad you had gotten the Tamron. There are a few beercan's up for sale. Hope you can get yours soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.