Help on Digicabi DHC-060

Status
Not open for further replies.

kettobase

Dec 26, 2005
West
Hi, i bought one on Saturday.
I set it to 45% using the controls. yesterday, i put in a lot of my DVDs at around 4pm in the afternoon. Then i decided to test the dry cabinet out by setting it at 40%. This morning, the RH is still at 47...ocassionally dropping to 45%.....

Is there something wrong? I seem to never see it goin below 43% before. Also from 55% to 47%,....it took almost 3 hours to achieve that.

Anyone please help.
Also, is the meter always illuminated with blue light when its plugged in? Does it (blue light) goes off after a while? Mine is always on 24/7.

no one using the dhc series? anyone any problem with their cabinet?

anyone can confirm that the blue lcd stays on forever?
anyone can reach <40% RH ?

Hoky said:
Yes... it takes a while to set.
that is pretty weak........i thought these devices are suppose to draw out the moisture fast......at 40+% RH, it takes a few days to drop a few %RH.....that seems quite unacceptable.

kettobase said:
that is pretty weak........i thought these devices are suppose to draw out the moisture fast......at 40+% RH, it takes a few days to drop a few %RH.....that seems quite unacceptable.

Nope... the initially response is quite slow.
These devices are slow moving and do not have surge (transient response).

yap, it's like that. cause it draws 5w. if you wanted something to drain 40 in a few hours, you need something like 360ws. I have such a device before. but pulled it out cause when the RH drops fast so does the temp. I remember it dropped to 20 degrees. if you are wondering what it is, it's a peltier cooler. it basically creates a cooler side to condense the air. so the temp inside is 20 deg. but the peltier was working at -5 degrees.

the biggest problem with just a rapid device is .. the temp.. bring the lens out of the dry box. and the lens condense.

btw mine is the DHC-100

anka said:
yap, it's like that. cause it draws 5w. if you wanted something to drain 40 in a few hours, you need something like 360ws. I have such a device before. but pulled it out cause when the RH drops fast so does the temp. I remember it dropped to 20 degrees. if you are wondering what it is, it's a peltier cooler. it basically creates a cooler side to condense the air. so the temp inside is 20 deg. but the peltier was working at -5 degrees.

the biggest problem with just a rapid device is .. the temp.. bring the lens out of the dry box. and the lens condense.

btw mine is the DHC-100

so the blue light on the lcd is always on?

mine got no blue light. and plain ol'LCD. I would like mine to be backlid. so hard to read. =p

anka said:
mine got no blue light. and plain ol'LCD. I would like mine to be backlid. so hard to read. =p

the blue light is on 24/7......dunno if its spoilt or isit new model..........
yours DHC-100 should be the same class, but how come no blue light?

kettobase said:
the blue light is on 24/7......dunno if its spoilt or isit new model..........
yours DHC-100 should be the same class, but how come no blue light?

The newer versions have incorporated the blue backlit. According to digibub, it was a EC (engineering change) made by the japanese supplier who made the system (control system as well). Box made and assembled in Taiwan though.

OT a bit, making an announcement for those whom I did a MO recently.
You should be getting the new blue LCD backlit version for the DHC series.

Btw, the blue light is constantly on... very bright hor... cannot sleep with the light shining at me.

Hoky said:
The newer versions have incorporated the blue backlit. According to digibub, it was a EC (engineering change) made by the japanese supplier who made the system (control system as well). Box made and assembled in Taiwan though.

Btw, the blue light is constantly on... very bright hor... cannot sleep with the light shining at me.

haha....nice one......i thought mine spoilt......nice to know its very new and very bright.

Hoky said:

OT :

when did u do the MO ??

been waiting for someone to do the MO leh..

k3nn3th03 said:
OT :

when did u do the MO ??

been waiting for someone to do the MO leh..

Did a MO last year, coz I need to buy the cabinet also mah.
Knew a guy inside the distribution center and he could give us better rates than the outside market.

kettobase said:
Hi, i bought one on Saturday.
I set it to 45% using the controls. yesterday, i put in a lot of my DVDs at around 4pm in the afternoon. Then i decided to test the dry cabinet out by setting it at 40%. This morning, the RH is still at 47...ocassionally dropping to 45%.....

Is there something wrong? I seem to never see it goin below 43% before. Also from 55% to 47%,....it took almost 3 hours to achieve that.
Hmm... I have the same model, but mine goes to the set RH rather fast, from 50% reset to 45% goes to the desried setting within 30mins (didn't really timed it but safe to say quite fast).

../azul123

azul123 said:
Hmm... I have the same model, but mine goes to the set RH rather fast, from 50% reset to 45% goes to the desried setting within 30mins (didn't really timed it but safe to say quite fast).

../azul123

Did you keep your dry cabinet in an air-con room? Coz in air con room, the RH is much lower.

what? my DHC-100 is old stuff? damm.. i just got it like 1 month ago from carrefour.

the backlid LCD is battery or AC power?

anka said:
what? my DHC-100 is old stuff? damm.. i just got it like 1 month ago from carrefour.

the backlid LCD is battery or AC power?

from ac power. no batteries included,

*sob* how much did you guys get it for? I got my DHC-100 for $208.

Status
Not open for further replies.