Help on Digi Cabi HD-40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taurean

Sep 8, 2005
White Elephants Town
Can anyone share your settings on the above mention model?

I set the nob to 9 o clock position and the RH matain at ard 57-60 without anything in it.

at 9 oclock it gives me 50% tho i used the diff model :sweat:

since 9oclock only give you ard 60% you can try turning it to 11 or 12 oclock

Tried before various settings but seems that the 9 o'clock position is the most effective, if turn to 11-12 o'clock position the RH seems to increase. :dunno:

Taurean said:
Tried before various settings but seems that the 9 o'clock position is the most effective, if turn to 11-12 o'clock position the RH seems to increase. :dunno:

weird... if im not wrong all analog digi-cabi series give lesser rH when turned clock wise.

:think: I've set to the 10 O'Clock position for now. Will monitor over the next 24 Hrs

Thanks for the advise

trial and error lor... i also... now my sits comfortably at about 40-42....

zcwnfx said:

Ya lor. This morning is ard 42-45, after i put everything in it went up to 70. Hopefully tonight when i get home it will be ard 45-55. :sweat:

zcwnfx said:
i tot recommended is 45-55? i maintained it at 46-52..but afraid not low enuff, but oso afraid will dry up the grease on the mount..use for 3 weeks oni..so not very sure..:dunno:
any advise from long time users..

blazer_workz said:
i tot recommended is 45-55? i maintained it at 46-52..but afraid not low enuff, but oso afraid will dry up the grease on the mount..use for 3 weeks oni..so not very sure..:dunno:

nt very sure either, but most people recommand 45-55% for camera equipments, so i just follow :sweatsm:

ExplorerZ said:
nt very sure either, but most people recommand 45-55% for camera equipments, so i just follow :sweatsm:

The Dri cabbi manual also recomend 45-55% for photographic equipments, so i blindly just follow the recomendation :dunno:

blazer_workz said:
Digi-Cabi recommendation is 40-50% RH for photographic equipments. Just follow the manufacturer who already done the research for it. Read the manual.

I put mine on 44% RH.

Regards,
Arto.

for me anywhere between 45-50%....yeah have to monitor the humidity levels and adjust accordingly...will take at least couple of days to stabilize (assuming the dry cabi is not opened within this period)...

Thank you all for the advise..

Now i can 安心了, set it to 42%RH...;)

1 more question..any place that sells the stand-alone humidity meter analog type?
Feel like placing one more meter for backup..the digital one doesn't looks accurate to me..

Sim lIm Tower basement has 1 shop that sells only temp and humidity gauges. It is kinda at the corner near the staircase, you cant miss it.

blazer_workz said:

1 more question..any place that sells the stand-alone humidity meter analog type?
Feel like placing one more meter for backup..the digital one doesn't looks accurate to me..

blazer_workz said:

Most of the time, cheapo analog meters are the ones which are inaccurate. Do the moist salt test to test your meter's accuracy. Be sure to use a nylon bag instead of a plastic bag for better sealing. ;)
Reference http://www.burgessviolins.com/calibration.html

Status
Not open for further replies.