Help on Digi Cabi HD-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barrios said:
Most of the time, analog meters are the ones which are inaccurate. Do the moist salt test to test your meter's accuracy. Be sure to use a nylon bag instead of a plastic bag for better sealing. ;)
Reference http://www.burgessviolins.com/calibration.html

What is moist salt test? Ignore this question.

Sorry didn't see the link.

Barrios said:
Most of the time, cheapo analog meters are the ones which are inaccurate. Do the moist salt test to test your meter's accuracy. Be sure to use a nylon bag instead of a plastic bag for better sealing. ;)
Reference http://www.burgessviolins.com/calibration.html
Thanks for the info.

Other way is to send it to PSB. I hear at least one CSer do it.

By the way, do you need the meter so accurate? Since the recommended range for camera and optical is 40-50% RH.

Regards,
Arto.

Hi guys i need help with my digi-cabi HD40 as well.

Set the knob to the "M" position(9 o'clock position) as reccomended by the manufacturer earlier and the RH drop to about 25%!

Tried to set it to 7 "o" clock position and the RH only go to about 30+% nia.

Is there anyway i can do to push it to the reccomended 45-55%?currently what i'm doing is turning off the power supply once it reaches 45% and turning on the power supply every other day.:dunno:

justin85 said:

Set the knob to the "M" position(9 o'clock position) as reccomended by the manufacturer earlier and the RH drop to about 25%!

Is there anyway i can do to push it to the reccomended 45-55%?currently what i'm doing is turning off the power supply once it reaches 45% and turning on the power supply every other day.:dunno:

Muz trail n error, try to set to 6 O'Clock Position lor. Is it empty? Coz when u put yr items in there the RH % will take some time to stabilize and u muz adjust the setting again. Hope that helps :cheers:

justin85 said:

Hmmmm.... :think: . 9 o'clock, AM or PM :bsmilie: ? [Joking only ha...]

At 7 o'clock it is already minimum. How is the green light? Is it turn off, dimmed or bright?

Regards,
Arto.

Thank you all who have help..;)

I'm a typical singaporean mahz.."kiasu"..:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Anyway, the built quality of digital meter mounted on my digicabi doesn't looks realible to be accurate..so with a backup one i can get the average value..even if one of them fail the other one should still be working..

As you can see..we get more post about inconsistency of the setting of knob..:think:

Artosoft said:
Hmmmm.... :think: . 9 o'clock, AM or PM :bsmilie: ? [Joking only ha...]

At 7 o'clock it is already minimum. How is the green light? Is it turn off, dimmed or bright?

Regards,
Arto.

mine doesn't have any green light.my set's light is red in colour.Have currently set it to 7 o'clock poisiton.hopefully it stabilises between 45-55% tmr morning.

by the way does anyone know where to get a back up hrygrometer? think 2 safer,the analogue one doesnt seem very reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.