hELP on Conversion Lens Adaptor LA-DC58K

wnltrading

Aug 24, 2010
hi ,

i am very new to photography.

i am keen to find out more on this" Conversion Lens Adaptor LA-DC58K" from canon.

May i ask from fellow experts here, what is the main function for this conversion?

How does it work and for what purpose?

Example: my is nikon D90, if i am using 50mm f/1.4G and i need to add a addition lens infront of this 50mm lens, and at a distance of say 50 - 80 mm apart, do i use such lens adaptor?

And where can i get one?

sorry if i have ask some too simple question.

thanks a lot inadvance.

hi ,

i am very new to photography.

i am keen to find out more on this" Conversion Lens Adaptor LA-DC58K" from canon.

May i ask from fellow experts here, what is the main function for this conversion?

How does it work and for what purpose?

Example: my is nikon D90, if i am using 50mm f/1.4G and i need to add a addition lens infront of this 50mm lens, and at a distance of say 50 - 80 mm apart, do i use such lens adaptor?

And where can i get one?

sorry if i have ask some too simple question.

thanks a lot inadvance.
a simple google search found this...

http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10051_10051_200966_-1

Lens Adaptor - LA-DC58K

Canon LA-DC58K Conversion Lens Adapter for Canon G10 Digital Cameras. Required to connect the Tele Converter - TC-DC58D to your camera.

The particular lens adapter you have mention is for the Canon G series of camera. The purpose is to mount on a Tele convertor for the camera. It is not suitable for your Nikon 50mm

hi, anyone knows what is the equivalent for the Nikon D90 body and lens(AF-S 50mm f/1.4G).?

hi, anyone knows what is the equivalent for the Nikon D90 body and lens(AF-S 50mm f/1.4G).?

The equivalent is to buy a different lens. That's the whole point of a DSLR camera.

Exactly *what* are you trying to accomplish? What is it that you are trying to do?

i have a pano lens that i "hope" to add in front of the 50mm lens. But if i add immediate.
the distance is too near. i.e the distance interval between the pano lens and the 50mm lens is too short. Need to spread them apart say 50 - 80 mm away.

thats what i need to accompanised.

Ah, so what you are saying is you purchased one of those useless Vitacon/Steinzeiser wide-angle converters? It's not a "pano lens". What you should use instead is your 18-55 kit lens, or buy/rent a wide angle lens. Those wide-angle converters are pure rubbish and a waste of money; they are actually designed for handycam video cameras where image sharpness is not important.

Ah, so what you are saying is you purchased one of those useless Vitacon/Steinzeiser wide-angle converters? It's not a "pano lens". What you should use instead is your 18-55 kit lens, or buy/rent a wide angle lens. Those wide-angle converters are pure rubbish and a waste of money; they are actually designed for handycam video cameras where image sharpness is not important.

I would agree with Rashkae. Furthermore using such adapter to DSLR will subject the image to effects of distortion and vignetting. Go and spend money on a wide angle lens. Do not waste your money on those sub-par adapter.