Help on choice of cameras!

IvanCYX

Dec 5, 2010
Hi all! I'm new here. I'm buying a digital camera and I'm going to Atlanta from Jan to June. The weather should be about close to 0 deg Celsius. My budget is about $300. Any digital cameras to recommend? I'm scared of fogging. :(

Hi all! I'm new here. I'm buying a digital camera and I'm going to Atlanta from Jan to June. The weather should be about close to 0 deg Celsius. My budget is about $300. Any digital cameras to recommend? I'm scared of fogging. :(

for that price either a 2nd hand 300D+non is kit lens or nikon D40+non vc kit lens or pentax k100d+kit lens, if u prefer new then not even a decent PnS will fit ur bill, i would worry about the quality of camera u bought with that budget more than the 0 degree condition :bsmilie:

Just get a point and shoot. Go take pictures. Stop worrying, the camera will last longer than you will.

Hi and welcome to Clubsnap!

at 0 degrees, I don't think you'll be doing much photography outdoors! :)
You can consider buying a camera there instead, since you'll be there for 6 months.

Nowadays PnS are damn affordable, with 300 budget, you should be able to get a decent PnS. Go down courts, HN and BD. There should be plenty for you to test out and find something you like.

Welcome to CS . . . ;)

just get a PnS, they will be ok in cold countries too . . . :)

Fogging is a results of the laws of Physics valid in this universe. Quite predictable, nothing the be scared of. Since it's predictable it has been taken into consideration during the design of most PnS cameras. Some are even waterproof up to a few meters. If it happens, don't panic, breath normally, wait for a few minutes till the lens has cleared. Have a pleasant shooting :)

Thanks all! I think I'll get a PnS! ;)

actually if you can top up abit more, D70 is a tough camera. and the colour is very naise too :D very good sensor too :D