help on Cameron highlands trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wryer

Dec 17, 2002
Tampines
Visit site
hi guys!

Im looking to for a 3 days 2 nights cameron highlands trip during mid-may. Im looking to book the transport via a travel agent. So that leaves the accomodation.

Anyone knows where i can reserve the accomodation? For eg, hotels and resort chalets. Or would it be better to get the accomd. and transport with the travel agent all together. But i gathered that it may be more ex. Its about $250 per person for just accom and transport. Any ideas? Lobangs?

Of course, pls do share with me your experiences in Cameron Highlands, and of the photographic oppurtunities!

Cameron Highlands consists of 3 towns worth visiting, among which I recommend you stay at Tanah Rata, which has a Sunday market. A good way to get around is by renting a car and driving up, otherwise you will need to hail a cab to get around. Some of the tea plantations are a bit away from the towns. So are the waterfalls. Some involve a short hike as well. I stayed at Equatorial Hill Resort, a modern hotel. You can try getting there and finding backpacker-style accomodations too. Steamboat in cool weather is something you must try......

Click on the thumbnails below:

Landscape:

Waterfalls:

Street:

Flowers and Animals:

Oh i see. Im also thinking of staying at the Hotel Equatorial. Alternatively, i was thinking about getting there by coach, and then look around for a hotel. Would that be safe? Or should i get reserve online or take the agent's package?

Any comments?

Beautiful images there r32. :)

Just went camerons like a week ago
<-- took this eye like beetle pic. Took bus, since my car has been smashed beyond repair, no thanks to the dam fender knocker.
Equitorial is fine, except it's out of place.
The more remote jungle you can hike would be the ones from lakehouse/tanah rata to brinchang, but it's the steepest. Be prepared to cross many streams and steep hills. I noticed tons of critters there, stick insects, beetles, worms, etc. Sadly the beautiful mossland dried up and the rafflesia went missing. One can get lost there too, better to print out a map that can be found online.
Tamer jungle walks can be found around Tanah Rata Parit Falls, Robinson waterfalls and the Mardi agricultural station (good for macro photography on insects and flowers).
In short, yes it's safe to get a coach then find accomodation. Travel agent is fine too. Since, Camerons are deserted nowadays, with the developements, there's not much charm left. It's way too hot!!! I won't really bother to go there the second time. Hotels are empty anyways, no prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.