help on buying camera + accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.

karebu

Jan 24, 2006
I've been staring at the 'marketplace' thread for a long time and I'm still quite lost.

I would need to buy a dry cabinet, a new DSLR, a tripod and basic accessories.

Anyone here has a store/lobang/links?

thank you.:sweatsm:

I'd recommend John 3:16 at Funan, 5th Floor.

any makes/models you guys can recommend?

hoping for new w/ tripod, lens, 1k-1.5k budget

how much is a dry cabinet anyway (not included in budget)

hi there. welcome to clubsnap!

if you were to ask which model/brand we would recommend, its gona be another argumentative thread so I recommend you to go read up more on both canon and nikon cameras, but not limited to just these 2 brands ofcos. another website you can refer to is dpreview.com.. =)

a dry cabinet is gona cost around $106 (digicab 036 for 30L)..

haha. no, don't give me just one, or one specific brand.

tell me what can i get with that budget of 1-1.5k. what can i mix and match?:)

(i understand that eventually i'll have to find one 'system' that i like. i'm probably going down to shops to try but i'm not sure which are around my budget you see)

I think it will be more productive for you to do your research, write down your options based on your own evaluation and ask for comments, explaining your needs (ie. what you intend to take pictures of) at the same time. There are price lists posted in each of the camera system sub-forums and that could be a good starting point for you. Your task is already made easier because you have already fixed your budget. :thumbsup:

ive looked but it's still quite a blur.

well, for pictures, i would say i would be taking a pretty generic ones, a mix of nature, people, things, etc (no super-macro photos/panoramic)

pretty much like if a computer newbie were to ask you what rig can he get for 1.5k, you would name him specific processor, rams, hdd, mobo, psu. i don't think telling him to go to hardwarezone and checkout the price lists could help much.

well the thing is i don't even know if i should go for additional lens, and what types would i need, what lens goes where and what can fit etc. for instance i read that d40 needs some kind of autofocusing lens, wherelse d80 wouldn't need. it would take far too long to go into every single camera that seems somewhat interesting.

i would be very very thankful if someone could write down a 'package' for 1-1.5k (not very strict, I can settle for slightly more or less).

i hope you get my drift..

'package' refers to DSLR, tripod, carry bag, lens, flash; things that you would probably need or would come in useful.

thank you once again.

ive looked but it's still quite a blur.

well, for pictures, i would say i would be taking a pretty generic ones, a mix of nature, people, things, etc (no super-macro photos/panoramic)

pretty much like if a computer newbie were to ask you what rig can he get for 1.5k, you would name him specific processor, rams, hdd, mobo, psu. i don't think telling him to go to hardwarezone and checkout the price lists could help much.

well the thing is i don't even know if i should go for additional lens, and what types would i need, what lens goes where and what can fit etc. for instance i read that d40 needs some kind of autofocusing lens, wherelse d80 wouldn't need. it would take far too long to go into every single camera that seems somewhat interesting.

i would be very very thankful if someone could write down a 'package' for 1-1.5k (not very strict, I can settle for slightly more or less).

i hope you get my drift..

'package' refers to DSLR, tripod, carry bag, lens, flash; things that you would probably need or would come in useful.

thank you once again.

Go read and research somemore, then pick a system, then go down to the stores to try it out, then MAYBE the people here could recommend you a system based on your budget. Everyone here is on a different system, and will recommend you a different system. With 6-7 major brands out there, there are probably ~10 different base systems that you could get for your budget. How's that gonna help if people here recommend 10 different packages?

And go read this:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245883

any makes/models you guys can recommend?

hoping for new w/ tripod, lens, 1k-1.5k budget

how much is a dry cabinet anyway (not included in budget)
depends on the old DSLR you are using, currently entry level DSLR are going for $999 from various brand like Sony and so on. You may also be getting an all rounder flash as well as several lens eventually which is easily another thousand or so. Best is to know your camera first before going on a spending spree.

here are some camera brochures...http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387313

Dry Cabinet, Digi-Cab is the more easily available from camera shops with the analog version 30L gong from $100-ish. Challenger and Harvey Norman also got sell so can take a look.

Tripod i would say depends on the shots you are taking, the usually free one will do for a lot of users.

Basic accessories like bags and so on you can just pick and choose.

Where would be a good place to test cameras of different makes/models?

:)

Where would be a good place to test cameras of different makes/models?

:)

Places to test cameras, accessories, lenses, etc:
M S Color
Cathay Photo
T K Foto
John 3:16

Big Megastores not included as the sales people only interested in making sales.

If you have an existing system, bring along the media to test that same brand and if other brands use the same media by all means test the other brands too.

Status
Not open for further replies.