Help! Oly 2040 aperture size becomes F2.3 after extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylelam77

Apr 7, 2002
Los Angeles
Visit site
Hi, whenever i extend my oly 2040 ie zoom in or out especially in a room with flourescent light, when i set to manual setting, the F-stop becomes F2.3 and i cant seem to lower it. Only when i reset it then it becomes F1.8 again. Its ok if i dun zoom. Can someone help?

Originally posted by kylelam77
Hi, whenever i extend my oly 2040 ie zoom in or out especially in a room with flourescent light, when i set to manual setting, the F-stop becomes F2.3 and i cant seem to lower it. Only when i reset it then it becomes F1.8 again. Its ok if i dun zoom. Can someone help?

That's normal, a camera's aperture is at its smallest at wide-angle and larger at tele.

For example, at wide my aperture is F2.8...while at tele, my aperture is F3.5.

If u use P mode, the DC will be smart enuff to reset be to F1.8 when u r at wide-angle.

Thanks Jayan for the answer. It seems u always come to everyone's help when they have questions. Again thanks!

Thanks Jayan for the answer. It seems u always come to everyone's help when they have questions. Again thanks!
Why do you think he is voted as Ole CEO!!! :bsmilie:

Hee remember wat I told u in the night shot post kyle? C2040Z's largest aperture will become around F2.8 when u zoom in at 3x.

This applies to when you add on TC filters, the more X u add, the aperture will increase as well.

And all Hail Jayan, the Oly CEO! :D

Originally posted by Blitz

Hee remember wat I told u in the night shot post kyle? C2040Z's largest aperture will become around F2.8 when u zoom in at 3x.

This applies to when you add on TC filters, the more X u add, the aperture will increase as well.

And all Hail Jayan, the Oly CEO! :D

Wah lao, make me piseh only!!! :embrass:

Actually at max tele, the max aperture on the C-2040z should be F2.6.

Originally posted by Jayan

Wah lao, make me piseh only!!! :embrass:

Actually at max tele, the max aperture on the C-2040z should be F2.6.

Yep sorri my mistake, check my cam again, it's F2.6 :embrass:

All hail Jayan again! :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.