Help: Nikon Coolpix 2500 made in where?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

camera1001

I accompanied my friend to AP yesterday to get the Coolpix 2500. This morning, he told me he was quite disturbed because on the box, he saw there was a Made in Japan sticker. When he peeled it off, he saw another sticker Made in Korea! And again, after peeling it off, he saw some other words like "European..."

On the camera itself, there was a Made in Korea sticker which he didn't peel off! God knows what's written under it.

Could someone who has info or has bought the cam please comment on this? I feel bad 'cos I was the one who recommended him to AP as I think the shop is reliable. Wish to reassure him and don't want him to feel ripped off.

don't really get you. I don't think AP manufacture their own cameras ;p

anyway, is the warranty from Nikon Singapore?

Originally posted by camera1001
I accompanied my friend to AP yesterday to get the Coolpix 2500. This morning, he told me he was quite disturbed because on the box, he saw there was a Made in Japan sticker. When he peeled it off, he saw another sticker Made in Korea! And again, after peeling it off, he saw some other words like "European..."

On the camera itself, there was a Made in Korea sticker which he didn't peel off! God knows what's written under it.

Could someone who has info or has bought the cam please comment on this? I feel bad 'cos I was the one who recommended him to AP as I think the shop is reliable. Wish to reassure him and don't want him to feel ripped off.

Does it matter where the camera was made?

Thanks all, my friend has enquired from Nikon Singapore.

"don't really get you. I don't think AP manufacture their own cameras"

Of cos they don't but what I meant was the camera had been bought there.

"Does it matter where the camera was made?"

Yes, Goondu, it does.

Yes, Goondu, it does.

No, it doesn't. What really matters is the QA. A camera made in Thailand doesn't mean that it's worse than one from USA. What really matters at the end of the day is the QA.

I know, I'm a faithful Nikon user and all my stuffs are made in Japan. But it's a psychological thing.... Anyway, it's a clarification my friend requires as a newbie. I'm just a "middleman".

BTW, why don't they build the bigber cameras like 1Dx and F5 in Malaysia or Thailand or any nearby region? Costs should be lower then.

BTW, why don't they build the bigber cameras like 1Dx and F5 in Malaysia or Thailand or any nearby region? Costs should be lower then.

For them but not for us :)

Thanks all, my friend has enquired from Nikon Singapore.

"don't really get you. I don't think AP manufacture their own cameras"

Of cos they don't but what I meant was the camera had been bought there.

Yes, Goondu, it does.

Well, if it does, why not take a picture of the sticker and the box. If possible, take a picture of the camera itself. This way, you can show the evidence to Nikon and asked them to explain. See what they say.

erm, i read that b4. some are made in malaysia and some are in japan. apparently the A40s in singapore are made in japan. but i saw the 2500 was made in korea.

And what's wrong with Korea? I'm pretty much sure that RAM chips in your PC have some form of Korean influence. If not, I'm pretty sure your Intel or AMD CPU is assembled in Malaysia. And no doubt that the CF card that you'll be using will either be Korean or Taiwan.

Like Richard said, QA is the thing.

there is nothing wrong with things being made in korea or somewhere else. I didn't even hint of any diff between the countries but was merely providing info to pple who started the thread in the first place. geez....

Originally posted by kylelam77
there is nothing wrong with things being made in korea or somewhere else. I didn't even hint of any diff between the countries but was merely providing info to pple who started the thread in the first place. geez....

YSLee is replying to the initial post.

Status
Not open for further replies.