Help!! New k-r user has a question

k1000

Nov 30, 2010
Jurong
Hi all. I just bought a K-r and i find that the e-dial is a bit faulty.

When i want to set smaller aperture, i press the Av button + turn the e-dial to the right but when i want to get bigger aperture, i tried to turn left but the aperture is always 1/40, 1/36, 1/32 then back to 1/40. It wont go lower than 1/29.... Sometimes i turn the e-dial leftwards the aperture gets even smaller.... (ie. from 1/29 become 1/32) -.-
Is it just my camera or other users also experiencing such things? Any ideas how to solve it? :dunno:
Help please!!

When i want to set smaller aperture, i press the Av button + turn the e-dial to the right but when i want to get bigger aperture, i tried to turn left but the aperture is always 1/40, 1/36, 1/32 then back to 1/40. It wont go lower than 1/29.... Sometimes i turn the e-dial leftwards the aperture gets even smaller.... (ie. from 1/29 become 1/32) -.-
Is it just my camera or other users also experiencing such things? Any ideas how to solve it? :dunno:
Help please!!

thats your shutter speed

aperture is the one with the "F"

have you tried reading your user manual?

Last edited:
Oh sorry i typo about the 1/40 etc. is F40. :/
Yep i tried reading i did what the manual wrote but the aperture values wont drop below F29 lol...

Umm bro, aperture is based on the lens. So far dont any lens that gives f40. F29 also a bit rare.

I think u pressed the Exposure Compensation +/- button is it?

For Aperture, just Dial the top to Av. Then play from there.

I can teach u if u can meet up tomorrow nite or something. Just the basics.

Assuming you are using old manual lenses which you mentioned you have in the prev thread.
Have you set "Allow Aperture ring" (or something like that) in the customs menu?

must have pressed the "Ev" button and turned the dial. So the Ev will give you a funny reading. Just follow what bro Riscal said and you will be fine.

Assuming you are using old manual lenses which you mentioned you have in the prev thread.
Have you set "Allow Aperture ring" (or something like that) in the customs menu?

i'm using the 18-55 kit lens. haha

@Yamakasi ok im getting confused. :confused:

Minimum Aperture: F22-38
so "Aperture: F3.5-5.6" is ...? lol

@ricsal would be great if you're willing to teach! seriously a noob here.

i
Minimum Aperture: F22-38
so "Aperture: F3.5-5.6" is ...? lol

the smallest aperture you can get on that lens is F22 - F38 depending on your focal length

the biggest aperture you can get on that lens is F3.5 @ 18mm and F5.6 @ 55mm.

small aperture = smaller 'hole', longer shutter speed/higher iso needed, everything in pic will be sharp

big aperture = big "hole", faster shutter speed/lower iso needed, focus points will be sharper as compared to rest of the pic, resulting in nice bokeh/blur effect

Help please!!

Your e-dial is faulty. Better send to Emjay (Kevin) for a check up/repair.