Help needed!

grandmaster33

Sep 13, 2011
Hi guys,

I have got my new D5100 a couple of months ago.
All along I thought the set comes in perfect condition until my friend alerted me about this.
The zoom in and zoom out process was not so smooth. I feel it is quite tight. When I try my friend's DSLR..it's smooth..
So is this problem v my lens?! Am i entitled for an exchange?

Should I go back to the shop or go to nikon service centre?

Please advise..Thanks!

Kit lens? If yes, 18-55 should be smooth.

First of, did you buy your camera a grey set or local set?

If it was a grey set, I don't think NSC will honour the warranty and provide free servicing. If it was a local set and with warranty, then you should bring it back to NSC for a testing and servicing.

If the product was second hand, you can try calling the seller (although I doubt he/she will be willing to do any exchange).

Hi guys,

I have got my new D5100 a couple of months ago.
All along I thought the set comes in perfect condition until my friend alerted me about this.
The zoom in and zoom out process was not so smooth. I feel it is quite tight. When I try my friend's DSLR..it's smooth..
So is this problem v my lens?! Am i entitled for an exchange?

Should I go back to the shop or go to nikon service centre?

Please advise..Thanks!

Your "not smooth" is hard for anyone to gauge. If you feel insecure, just bring in to the Nikon service centre and ask the technicians there to test out for you if your worries are justified. After frequent usage, the smoothness you get can be just normal wear and tear, so that can't be a good gauge. Also different lens zoom ring feels differently, so if your friend's lens is not the same as yours, it's not an apple to apple comparison.

No one here can tell you if you are entitled for an exchange, ask the technician at NSC.

First of, did you buy your camera a grey set or local set?

If it was a grey set, I don't think NSC will honour the warranty and provide free servicing. If it was a local set and with warranty, then you should bring it back to NSC for a testing and servicing.

If the product was second hand, you can try calling the seller (although I doubt he/she will be willing to do any exchange).

It was local set with warranty. Anyway, I'll bring it to NSC for a tesing and servicing.

Your "not smooth" is hard for anyone to gauge. If you feel insecure, just bring in to the Nikon service centre and ask the technicians there to test out for you if your worries are justified. After frequent usage, the smoothness you get can be just normal wear and tear, so that can't be a good gauge. Also different lens zoom ring feels differently, so if your friend's lens is not the same as yours, it's not an apple to apple comparison.

No one here can tell you if you are entitled for an exchange, ask the technician at NSC.

I compare it with my friend's D5100 18-55mm..Exactly the same spec...
Thanks for the advice..I think I will have to bring to NSC for a check.

Service Centre:
Nikon Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Address:
No. 80 Anson Road Fuji Xerox Towers #10-01/02 Singapore 079907
+65-6559-6363 +65-6559-3669
Email:
servicesg@nikon-asia.com
Details:
Operating Hours: Mon, Tue, Friday : 9am - 5.30pm Wed and Thu: 9am - 7pm (Closed on Public Holidays)

So, they dun open during weekend?!
Is this the only one in Singapore?

Service Centre:
Nikon Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Address:
No. 80 Anson Road Fuji Xerox Towers #10-01/02 Singapore 079907
+65-6559-6363 +65-6559-3669
Email:
servicesg@nikon-asia.com
Details:
Operating Hours: Mon, Tue, Friday : 9am - 5.30pm Wed and Thu: 9am - 7pm (Closed on Public Holidays)

So, they dun open during weekend?!
Is this the only one in Singapore?

Yes... I believe this is the only one available in Singapore. Like Canon Service Centre... Nikon one will not be open on weekend (I think).

Just admitted my lens to NCS..Stiff zooming that how they call...@@ have to wait for 2 to 3 weeks..Ahhhh...