help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

allcowsmoo

Mar 17, 2004
hi experts out there. this is rather urgent. im asked to take portraits/mugshots for a group of ppl. my equipment - nikon d70, sb800 flash and i have a few tripods. background would be a big OHP screen. how should i orientate everything so that there would not be shadow and the subject is properly exposed ? thank you very much.

allcowsmoo said:
hi experts out there. this is rather urgent. im asked to take portraits/mugshots for a group of ppl. my equipment - nikon d70, sb800 flash and i have a few tripods. background would be a big OHP screen. how should i orientate everything so that there would not be shadow and the subject is properly exposed ? thank you very much.

I am no expert here, but just want to share something. You mention OHP, i presume you are in a room with four walls. Group of ppl, should be quite big right?

I suggest, stand at one side of the room, and either bounce your flash upwards to about 60 deg forward then shoot. This will create little shadow. If the group is very big and the angle of view is very large, what you can do is to turn your flash 180 deg to the back and about 60 deg upwards to create a bounce off the back wall which gives a diffuse light onto the big group. On both case be careful of

1) Colour of the wall
2) Distance that the light need to travel verses your guide number and make sure that the subjects are still in the range available for the group.

Hope it helps.

Anyone care to add anything?

thankyou. im taking individual shots. like you noe, passport pics. its actually glass walls all arnd, so there are lights. thanks. wad shd i do now ?

no strobes???
passport photos juz wack la....point the flash upwards to the ceiling at a slight angle and take....haha..

Status
Not open for further replies.