help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sken85

Jun 26, 2004
heya all!

newbie here :) been lurking around reading some of the threads but most of the technical information are beyond me.. haha

anyway, i'm thinking of getting a digicam during the GSS. i'm already thinking of a few cameras, such as Canon's A75/A80 and Sony's DSC-P73, but can't make up my mind. hence

what i'm looking for:

budget - below 700 bucks?
memory stick/card - preferably some 3rd party product. dun really mind Sony though, unless there's something about their cameras which i don't know of.
brand - no preference, but i'd like something consumer and user friendly
batteries - rechargable ones?
design - dun really fancy those sleek and pretty things.. prefer something more masculine looking. haha
purpose - for casual shooting mostly, but will also be using it for some outdoor photography.. i'm an absolute newbie to this, so i'm not into SLRs and all that. but it will be good if i get to control certain things like shutter speed and all? some form of control but then hopefully there's an automatic mode too so that i can aim and shoot?

yeap i can't think of anything else now.. thanks for taking the time to read and do comment please! ;)

sken85 said:
heya all!

newbie here :) been lurking around reading some of the threads but most of the technical information are beyond me.. haha

anyway, i'm thinking of getting a digicam during the GSS. i'm already thinking of a few cameras, such as Canon's A75/A80 and Sony's DSC-P73, but can't make up my mind. hence

what i'm looking for:

budget - below 700 bucks?
memory stick/card - preferably some 3rd party product. dun really mind Sony though, unless there's something about their cameras which i don't know of.
brand - no preference, but i'd like something consumer and user friendly
batteries - rechargable ones?
design - dun really fancy those sleek and pretty things.. prefer something more masculine looking. haha
purpose - for casual shooting mostly, but will also be using it for some outdoor photography.. i'm an absolute newbie to this, so i'm not into SLRs and all that. but it will be good if i get to control certain things like shutter speed and all? some form of control but then hopefully there's an automatic mode too so that i can aim and shoot?

yeap i can't think of anything else now.. thanks for taking the time to read and do comment please! ;)

i think u will love the canon A80... ;)

haha.. i read many threads comparing the A70/A75/A80 series.

i am thinking of A80 too, but it lacks the "Beach, Fireworks, etc" modes that A75 has i think. anyone can comment on that?

plus, i'm not sure if i need the extra 1 megapixel since i'm a total techno dino! hehe. summore the A75 seems very powerful already.. so not sure if i shud spend the extra money on that plus the swivelling LCD screen..

comments?

recommend canon G2 :thumbsup:

what's the approx. price for G2? as for A75, i saw it for S$499 at Best Denki, i'm sure i can get much better prices at other shops..

hmm, wondering if all the canon cameras have the same LCD screen size? what about the resolution? i suppose this is one aspect of canon i'm not that pleased about..

Status
Not open for further replies.