Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwpoon

Aug 7, 2008
I just bought a 2nd hand D70s
I accidentally reset the previous setting of the camera.
As I am new to photography would like to seek the help of the pros as to wat is the ideal setting for the manual mode.

Start with the P-mode, Digital Vari-programs (or called SCENE mode in PnS)

hi thanks for the recommendation
would liketo post this question.
what should i set the camera to to get a gd firework pic on this sat?
what is the cheapest tripod you can recommend

hi thanks for the recommendation
would liketo post this question.

It's best to shoot in M mode for fireworks. A fixed shutter speed (normally either bulb or limited to about 6 to 15 secs)

As for tripod, pls dun skimp on it.... when the whole rig falls over due to instability, then you'd know how expensive the mistake will be

Some rely on F5.6 aperture & 2 to 4 seconds (depending on brightness of fireworks) or F8 aperture & 8 seconds as starting point for fireworks setting

how to i set that
Please advise.
where to get the tripod any recommendation

how to i set that
Please advise.
where to get the tripod any recommendation

Dude, read your manual. If you can't even set aperture and shutter speed, maybe a DSLR is too much for you. You do have a manual, right? You do know how to go to www.nikon.com and download one?

Getting a DSLR for an event in 1-2 days time when you don't have the slightest clue on how to use it is quite silly. You should have a basic understanding of photography before trying a DSLR.

thread starter, check your PM(private message)

anyway,

fireworks settings , depends. i've seen the photographer next to me use f5.6, while the other guy next to me is using f8 while me myself, im using f11. and all 3 of us are not using bulb mode (lol?)

a good tripod will bring you a long way .. by the way, what lens are you using....

Dude, read your manual. If you can't even set aperture and shutter speed, maybe a DSLR is too much for you. You do have a manual, right? You do know how to go to www.nikon.com and download one?

Getting a DSLR for an event in 1-2 days time when you don't have the slightest clue on how to use it is quite silly. You should have a basic understanding of photography before trying a DSLR.

Agreed.

try finding someone else who's going, and tag along to learn. it'll help alot. just don't annoy the person when he/she is trying to shoot :)

ts , you going there itself as in at the platform ? if you are , check pm for my contact number . my parents, gf and friend will be there too at blue sector, but i've got the NDP pass so i can walk around all sectors, can find you and give you a quick crashcourse

im assuming, you're using the 18-70 kit lens :)

HI,
I counld not get the tickets for the show so I will be at the grass patch near the NTUC building.
Using 18-55 lens.

I understand what you mean.
Sorry for asking stupid question. Have read the manual.
Please forgive me for my stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.