Help needed~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeTHaCk

Dec 8, 2004
Tampines
GUys, my DSLR s1pro has this problem. I was checking for dust when i came across this after snapping a few shots . Now i cant take pics already...

DSCF0261-1.jpg

how come my SLR has this ?

DSCF0263.jpg

it totally disappeared from my s1pro... im just learning the ropes and help would be great

what are you refering to?

in picture #1 - the fingerprint on your sensor?
or in picture #2 - the shutter?

not sure what you're asking? are you asking, "how come your DSLR doesn't have a shutter curtain like your SLR?"?

Agree with the rest. I don't see anything wrong.

When you enter sensor cleaning mode the shutter curtains will open for dSLRs. Nothing unusual, though your words seem very dramatic.....

NeTHaCk said:
Now i cant take pics already...

?????:think:

The reason is .. i never did enter cleaning mode. All i did was took out the lens and inspect it. that somehow the curtain is gone :dunno:

i'll try the batts..

NeTHaCk said:
GUys, my DSLR s1pro has this problem. I was checking for dust when i came across this after snapping a few shots . Now i cant take pics already...

how come my SLR has this ?

it totally disappeared from my s1pro... im just learning the ropes and help would be great

what's wrong with the ccd.. dont think (or cant rem) this model (cam) has shutter blade... crucial is, is your dslr mal-functioning?

have what? the shutter blade? maybe you should start readin 'how camera works?' if that's the case...

errmmm actually... i faint.... :confused:

classic case of pls RTFM.

Hi clown,

i dont get whats RTFM ..

anyway, i tried changing the batteries and it doesnt work. Changed the cr123A batt, rechargeable batts to Nimh and new batts and new rechargable batts but still the same :(

Can you be more specific about the problem you're having?
Is it your mirror doesn't come down, exposing the CCD that we see in the 1st pic?
I'm sure a few of us here are still wondering what is "this" that you came across?

Ohh ... by the way, RTFM stands for Read The Freaking Manual.

Alright my apologies.

When u move the mirror up right, you will see pic2 normally right ? however, just few days ago, i was brushing the lens and cleaning it and when i tried to take some shots after cleaning, pic1 came out. the bracket/curtain/shutter blade is missing and i cant take pics at all.

its not supposed to happen right ?

ive read the manual, nothing of this sort came out in the manual..

Ahhh ... now we're getting somewhere.
I'm no expert but I don't think your DSLR has a shutter like a film SLR as shown in pic 2.
Your DSLR has a mirror that flips up and down each time you press your shutter button to allow light through and the image to be captured onto the CCD.
Your mirror is probably stuck in the "up" position revealing the CCD as seen in pic 1.

the mirror is down but when i lift it up, the curtain is still missing.. i think thats the reason why i cant take pics ...

It can't go missing as there is no curtain in your DSLR.
Did you get any error messages?

The error message is the

"Err" message blinking in viewfinder and the top display panel

NeTHaCk said:
The error message is the

"Err" message blinking in viewfinder and the top display panel
Its other problems, see what the error message is for in the manual... I don't know of any DSLR that has curtains/shutter

Yeah, check your manual under "Warning Display" or something like that.

the blinking "ERR" usually means that a malfunction has been detected (either due to batt or machanism)... if changing the batt does not resolve the issue, iirc, they recommend switching to M mode and M focusing, and try triggering again - do check your manual first, as the above is based on experience on the S2pro.

if that does work either, i'd pay a visit to "new industrial road" (fujifilm service centre).

Your shutter is probably stuck in the open position. Did you accidently press against the shutter blades previously? These thin metal blades are very fragile and a slightly bent blade can cause extra pressure when they are stacked when opened resulting in jamming. Suggest you seek professional help on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.