Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damianchanws

Jul 6, 2005
Woodlands
need help here...

i'm a nikon user (F90x), am planning to get a DSLR but was caught in between D70 and canon 20D

but seriously wanna get 20D but before i really change into using canon... i would like to ask for some serious opinions regarding :

1. Lens (price, reliability)

2. are the lens that come with the kit good enough?

3. Lens : 55 - 200mm f4.5 UMS good?

Hope somebody could help...

thanx

Eh.. this should post into the Canon sub-forum.

1) same as Nikon

2) nope, personally don't like kit glasses

3) good for what? Need to elaborate more. Btw, it's USM, not UMS.

1. Price can really ranged from sub $100 to over thousands.. Depending on what you are looking for.. Compared to Nikon, price is about the same, some more expensive and some cheaper. But one thing to note is that Canon has more range of lenses and most of the lenses already have USM compared to Nikon side. Built wise, I feel that Nikon lenses are better.. :sweatsm:
2. Don't like the kit lens.
3. Not sure about that.. never use that lens before..

Since you are already a nikon user and should have some lenses, why not wait for the upcoming Nikon D200 instead ? Or you can consider the Fujifilm S3pro too.. :devil:

I've used S2Pro b4 and find that there is always a problem whereby the photos turned out very yellowish round the perimeter of the photographs. (servicing..... )

As for nikon i own a F90x (second hand), been trying to sell it away but dun think it will find a third owner given to its age.

i have only one lens, Tamron 28 - 200 f3.8 - 5.6

any idea how much D200 cost?

Damianchanws said:
need help here...

i'm a nikon user (F90x), am planning to get a DSLR but was caught in between D70 and canon 20D

but seriously wanna get 20D but before i really change into using canon... i would like to ask for some serious opinions regarding :

1. Lens (price, reliability)

2. are the lens that come with the kit good enough?

3. Lens : 55 - 200mm f4.5 UMS good?

Hope somebody could help...

thanx

Just to note... Ur old Nkion lens can be mounted onto D70... so y not?

Status
Not open for further replies.