Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

elvinlwj

Sep 13, 2005
Hello everybody. Can I get help from the gurus here?

My friend has a Minolta 80 PX flash and a Vivitar 100mm 1:2.8, 1:1 Macro Telephoto lens and would like to get a digital SLR body for use. As we are both dentists, we do a lot of close-up intra-oral photography.

Hence we would like to know which DSLR body is compatible with BOTH the flash and lens listed above. The lens is a manual lens. Unfortunately he could not furnish the model numbers. What he has is the above.

Thank you to all in advance:)

Elvin

Vivitar is a third partly lens maker .... meaning, the lens might be made for any body. You need to provide more information, at least show a picture of the lens so people might identify it. You information are virtually useless.

Anyway, your minolta 80 PX is a ring flash for Minolta MD body, thus if the Vivitar lens is used for the same MD body, I regret to tell you, there is no digital bodies that can take MD mount system without an adapter.

by the time u buy an adapter, u may find that the old lens may not work at all with the body. it is a risk.

y not just get the KM 5d? built in AS. get a tamron 90mm macro + macro flash. for u dentists, AS would be helpful.:thumbsup:

Hello!
Thanks to everyone for the prompt replies.:thumbsup: :)

Will check with my fren the specs and models and will post further...2 weeks later...he is away.

BTW is AS the same as AF?

Elvin

elvinlwj said:
Hello!
Thanks to everyone for the prompt replies.:thumbsup: :)

Will check with my fren the specs and models and will post further...2 weeks later...he is away.

BTW is AS the same as AF?

Elvin

AS = Anti Shake (Meaning better for handheld and Macro pictures where shaking is magnified)
AF = Autofocus

Status
Not open for further replies.