help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantingchin

Oct 3, 2003
Tanjong Pagar
www.erictan.gojiteam.com
Help me!!!

My comp keep restarting...even during and after i formated the comp...i donno why, but sometime it will hang a while then restart, sometime it will just went black and restart itself.

I suspect the hardware got problem but donno why...could it be virus? but even during formating half way still restart itself and have to format from beginning.

Help me thanks!

if its virus or the trojan, there'll be a box telling you that it will restart in 30 seconds, otherwise, seems like a hardware problem, and like what TMC mentioned, most likely the first culprit could be the Power Supply Unit.

prob get a new one or just bring it down to the nearby shop and get them to test it for you to double check if it is the PSU

Yup, sounds like a power supply problem. Did you add or change any hardware recently to your computer lately?

Happened to me once. Bought a new PSU (350 W one) and no more problems.

might be a few factors...

PSU might be 1 of it... trojans as well...

another would be... your CPU fan died... your CPU overheated and suddenly just off like that, then when your PC on it is still heated so never on itself. (this will only be logical if you did not install hardware monitor software)

hmm come to think about it.. might be ram as well... not those severely damaged kind... those with bad sectors type... do a ram test on another pc.

ya. most likely it's hardware issue. Check CPU fan, motherboard capacitors, isolate RAMs and lastly PSU (a main component not to overlook). :)

change PSU ok liao.

Status
Not open for further replies.