Help needed with Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

conkeychua

Aug 19, 2009
Hi Bros,

I took pictures of a dinner event, went home, plugged in my camera and view the pictures on my laptop, all pictures were ok. Deleted those that was out of focus and stuff and copied the rest on to my harddisk. Brought it to office and open up the file, more then 20 pictures out of 150 had the following problem.....

Dinner1.jpg

Anyone know what went wrong?

Oh and i also just bought and used the scandisk extreme III class 6 card. Could that be the problem? But not that there was no such thing when i view them the first time from my camera.

Thanks alot once again.

JPG corrupted. Copy again from your memory card. Check the memory card thoroughly with extensive copy & compare via checksum programs. Make sure the card or the reader is not messing up any data.

JPG corrupted. Copy again from your memory card. Check the memory card thoroughly with extensive copy & compare via checksum programs. Make sure the card or the reader is not messing up any data.

Arrrggghhh!!!! After i copy from memory card, i deleted them from the card :(...

Eh... the checking memory portion very chim.... how do i do that??

Cheers!

Arrrggghhh!!!! After i copy from memory card, i deleted them from the card :(...
Basic workflow: Copy to a backup folder first before doing anything. Copy from card again to working folder, do your editing only there.

Eh... the checking memory portion very chim.... how do i do that??
Get a load of data (mp3, jpg, whatever) and prepare a directly where you copy all that stuffs into. Have enough data to fill your card to at least 80%. Get a checksum program (e.g. md5summer) and create the checksum over all files in the directory. Format your memory card (in camera), connect the card to computer (USB card reader) and copy all prepared data to the card. If you get errors already something is fishy. After you have copied all data to the card copy them back to your computer into a different folder. Run md5sum over these data copied from card, compare with your initial folder. Any errors here show that either card or card reader are not working properly. Massive read / write errors are obvious signs of technical issues.
Get a different card and card reader (borrow from friends) and repeat the above to find the faulty part. This procedure will also reveal fake cards where the actual capacity is lower than stated on label.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.