Help needed. Why different colour tone, or whatever you call it?

maameemoomoo

Oct 31, 2007
I need help.. desperately.

Not sure what went wrong, but ever since the OS (windows) has been re-installed, i have this problem.

I can't edit my photos and i can't blog and i have tons of backlogs! :sweat:

This is the original photo with the correct colour, which i captured on the camera.

Orig.jpg

This is the colour i see on my blog, and on my Photoshop. Anyone knows why? And importantly, what can i do to solve this headache-inducing mystery? :cry:

not-orig.jpg

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:
The colour is so much warmer!

Also, ever since my windows got re-installed, my PS3's font selection has been quartered and the font i usually use isn't there anymore. Sigh. So frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrusssstrating!!

The Windows Picture viewer does not have accurate colors. If you rely on that for color-checking, you're way off. Firefox is more color-accurate.

You might need to try re-calibrating your monitor as well since you just re-installed your OS.

The colour is so much warmer!

Also, ever since my windows got re-installed, my PS3's font selection has been quartered and the font i usually use isn't there anymore. Sigh. So frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrusssstrating!!

PS3? What does a PS3 have to do with your windows Desktop? Or do you mean LR3?

you have to manually re-install those non-standard fonts.

as for the color difference,
Photoshop is color managed
Firefox 3 and above is color managed if enabled
Windows picture view is NOT color managed.

Thats why u see different colors.
Since your firefox's color matches photoshop, I suppose your firefox's color management is enabled.

A side note, IE and Google chrome are not color managed as well.

Last edited:
PS3? What does a PS3 have to do with your windows Desktop? Or do you mean LR3?

I think it maybe a hack version that allow you to plug into the computer.:bsmilie: imagine the possibilities...

I need help.. desperately.

Not sure what went wrong, but ever since the OS (windows) has been re-installed, i have this problem.

I can't edit my photos and i can't blog and i have tons of backlogs! :sweat:

This is the original photo with the correct colour, which i captured on the camera.

This is the colour i see on my blog, and on my Photoshop. Anyone knows why? And importantly, what can i do to solve this headache-inducing mystery? :cry:

Many thanks in advance!

A simpler and quicker way is to ask if any of your friend has a calibrated screen for the pc. Ask them to let you view your before and after os reinstallation pp photos. This way you will know for sure.

Thanks all for your replies!

Finally understood what color management etc means. Funny how i never had this prob before the OS being re-installed! And goodness gracious.. never knew that was how my photos looked like in most of your screens :eek:

But i have another question.

Why is it that all of the photos i see on others' blogs using 3 different browsers (IE - not color managed, Firefox and Safari) have the same exact colour (color managed or not) except mine?

Only the photos on my blog appear in different colors when i open all these 3 browsers.
:sweat::sweat:

HELP (!), again... sigh.

Btw, PS3 is PhotoShop3 lahh.. :bsmilie:

Accidentally used PS3 instead of CS3 :embrass:

Thanks all for your replies!

Finally understood what color management etc means. Funny how i never had this prob before the OS being re-installed! And goodness gracious.. never knew that was how my photos looked like in most of your screens :eek:

But i have another question.

Why is it that all of the photos i see on others' blogs using 3 different browsers (IE - not color managed, Firefox and Safari) have the same exact colour (color managed or not) except mine?

Only the photos on my blog appear in different colors when i open all these 3 browsers.
:sweat::sweat:

HELP (!), again... sigh.

I might be wrong on this.
Images that others posted might not have a color profile tagged to it, therefore the 3 browsers you use will use your monitor's color profile to display the images.

While the images that you process using photoshop have a color profile tagged to it (unless you set it not to), therefore the color managed browsers will detect that color profile and display the image using the tagged color profile, while the non-color managed browser will display the image using your monitor's color profile.

Hello!

Thanks for your prompt reply. Appreciate it tons!!

Not sure how to frame my questions but what can i do to :

- view my photos, same colours in all 3 browsers, photoshop and windows picture viewer + camera?

Having different photo colors on the photoshop and windows picture viewer is no fun at all. What's worst is, the colours appear on my DSLR screen is exactly like the windows picture viewer and not Photoshop's!

Hmm.. am i making sense?

I wonder if something had gone wrong during the re-installation of my current OS. I don't have such problem just few weeks ago! Few weeks ago, all photos look exactly alike on all 3 browsers, photoshop and windows picture viewer + my camera screen :(

Sorted out the viewing the same picture in exact same colour for 3 browsers.

The only thing now is my CS5.. CS3 also the same.

The colour on Photoshop differs from all 3 browsers!

Even Paint Shop Pro displays the same colour as all 3 browsers, my camera and windows viewer picture. :sweat:

What is wrong with my Photoshop??? HELP!

Thank you ever so much in advance!

Just checked my colour settings in CS5 - it's set to SRGB and not RGB.

So why the colour difference?? :think: