Help needed to print RAW files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon

Jan 18, 2002
Hi guys

Just got my prints and was shocked to see those photos that I converted from RAW to jpeg have very weird colors. Looks like kind of washed out and very different from on screen. Those that I shot and saved to camera as jpeg turn out ok. Anyone can help?

Regards

Falcon said:
Hi guys

Just got my prints and was shocked to see those photos that I converted from RAW to jpeg have very weird colors. Looks like kind of washed out and very different from on screen. Those that I shot and saved to camera as jpeg turn out ok. Anyone can help?

Regards

I believe it might be because of wrong colour space?
Those jpeg that you converted..you left them in Adobe RGB right?

Zerstorer said:
I believe it might be because of wrong colour space?
Those jpeg that you converted..you left them in Adobe RGB right?

Hmm.. sorry I am not familiar with this color space thingy... can enlighten me how to check? Tks.

Falcon said:
Hmm.. sorry I am not familiar with this color space thingy... can enlighten me how to check? Tks.

Just view the file EXIF properties.
Is your RAW convertor or Photoshop set to Adobe RGB colourspace or something.

Just open your jpeg file using Internet Explorer, if it looks funny and washed out(like your photo) then it is in AdobeRGB or some colourspace other than sRGB.

I believe those photo labs only support sRGB for printing.

Zerstorer said:
Just view the file EXIF properties.
Is your RAW convertor or Photoshop set to Adobe RGB colourspace or something.

Just open your jpeg file using Internet Explorer, if it looks funny and washed out(like your photo) then it is in AdobeRGB or some colourspace other than sRGB.

I believe those photo labs only support sRGB for printing.

This is why i got from the exif...
Color profile: IEC 61966-2.1 Default RGB colour space - sRGB

Could it be the lab's problem? But strangely only those jpegs converted from RAW were affected.

Azure said:
:think:
Care to share the pix?

For example the following pic turns out to be pale yellowish green instead of dark green.

Housefly2.jpg

Why not try going back to the shop and explain to them, and get them to reprint one shot correctly so you can find out what went wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.