Help needed to get rid of household lizards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokrot

Jun 2, 2003
Hi guys,

Help is needed to get rid of those lizards. Those droppings of theirs is filling my house. Is there any way to get rid of them? Thanks.. :sweat:

tokrot said:
Hi guys,

Help is needed to get rid of those lizards. Those droppings of theirs is filling my house. Is there any way to get rid of them? Thanks.. :sweat:
Put a snake in your house to eat those lizards :sweat: :bsmilie: .

Regards,
Arto.

hmmm , lizard eat mosquitos n other insects , many droppings means its well fed ,

also , keep a few la , just to keep a check on the mosquitos,

why would you want to get rid of them?

lizards help eat pests/bugs, and up til now, i dun think lizards spread any kind of very dangerous diseases...

if you get rid of all the lizards in ur house, that would probably mean you'll be getting a lot of mosquito repellent soon.. :bsmilie: its like a celebration for those bugs to have a lizard free house...

Chiang said:
hmmm , lizard eat mosquitos n other insects , many droppings means its well fed ,

also , keep a few la , just to keep a check on the mosquitos,

SG lizards do not just eat mosquitos. They ate biscuits and other left over too.:think:

catch'em and throw'em out of the window.... it will take a while to reduce the population specially until all the eggs lying around have hatched but you can get it under control.
if catching is not your thing, then you can go for the cruel way and gas them with any poison awailable....

tokrot said:
SG lizards do not just eat mosquitos. They ate biscuits and other left over too.:think:

waaa even better , no need to vacumm the floor after u eat the biscuits, u can spendmore time on photography , just need to toilet train them , hahahahahahah

my room have 3 lizards, they like to talk to each other across the room when i sleep. I tried insecticide, but still no use.:dunno:

Michael said:
catch'em and throw'em out of the window.... it will take a while to reduce the population specially until all the eggs lying around have hatched but you can get it under control.
if catching is not your thing, then you can go for the cruel way and gas them with any poison awailable....
Dangerous :nono: .

What happend if the lizards landed on your head? Snake is the solution, natural way, by its predator :bsmilie: .

Regards,
Arto.

~Arcanic~ said:
why would you want to get rid of them?

lizards help eat pests/bugs, and up til now, i dun think lizards spread any kind of very dangerous diseases...

if you get rid of all the lizards in ur house, that would probably mean you'll be getting a lot of mosquito repellent soon.. :bsmilie: its like a celebration for those bugs to have a lizard free house...

Well, imagine a scenario like these. You woke and wanna brush your teeth and find dropping on the tooth brush. U wanna drink water, u find droppings in your cup. U find droppings on your PC, floor, toilet etc... :sticktong

Got the point now??? :bsmilie:

Artosoft said:
Put a snake in your house to eat those lizards :sweat: :bsmilie: .

Regards,
Arto.

Ya.. I will be the one die first.. :bsmilie:

tokrot said:
Ya.. I will be the one die first.. :bsmilie:
Don't put poisonous snake. Put something like python one :bsmilie: .

Regards,
Arto.

Mmmmm maybe you could try pest control as in of the mosquitos, ants and other insects in your house? I have geckos (the proper name for them) in my house too. Even find their egg shells around. So far they have been pretty alrite and not **** on the tooth brush yet! Normally their **** is found in the areas where they have been feeding.

Hence you might want to pest control on the insects, no food equals to no lizards. Cos from the way your describe it, your place is crawling with yummy insects!

tokrot said:

mine even better..

left a quater full of COKE..

found one 'swimming' inside...

Place the lizard traps near location where you saw it. The lizard trap can be purchase most of DIY shop. The lizard traps are a piece of board/paper with glue(which will emit smell similar to insects) at one side. The lizards will usually get stuck in the glue.You just need to take trap (with the lizard glued) and throw it away. Or leave it there for a few weeks, you may see skeleton of lizard (ants) at the end of it. The traps WORKS but expensive.

Alamak, how can land on your head when you are chasing the bugger.... I catch them by hand, they are cute to look at close up and all the fairy tales about sticking to you and so on are of course nonesense. They are more scared of you than you of them and make for a run as soon as you give them a chance....

tokrot said:
Well, imagine a scenario like these. You woke and wanna brush your teeth and find dropping on the tooth brush. U wanna drink water, u find droppings in your cup. U find droppings on your PC, floor, toilet etc... :sticktong

Got the point now??? :bsmilie:
Erm... Got a suggestion.

Clean ur entire house up, give it a fresh coat of paint (maybe one of those new fangled paints with anti-insect, anti-bacteria, anti-everything thing). After the paint had dried, lock all windows and doors spray all corners, cracks and gaps with insecticide. Go out for a whole day shoot. And when u come back, the problem shld be solved... at least 95% of it....

But if useful and if they really work, I guess its worth it.

After all, u dun paint ya house everyday day right? Like once every 5 or 6yrs. Chin chai abit.

1. Wack them with a catapult (if you are good enough)

2. Catch them by using a cow's or horse's tail hair, form a loop tied to a long stick - place the loop in front of the lizard - (for whatever reason they don't run from it) and loop it over their head like lassoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.