Help needed!!! Taking photo at ROM!!

hartzdevil

Jan 2, 2010
Singapore
Hey all the pros and seniors out there. I need some advice in taking photo for my frenz sis's ROM. My equipment is Nikon D5K wit 18-105 and either Nissin Di622 or Nikon SB600 Flash. So what are the A,S,P,M mode should i use? And what are the individual setting for each mode is selected. ;)

Hey all the pros and seniors out there. I need some advice in taking photo for my frenz sis's ROM. My equipment is Nikon D5K wit 18-105 and either Nissin Di622 or Nikon SB600 Flash. So what are the A,S,P,M mode should i use? And what are the individual setting for each mode is selected. ;)

Manual mode. settings will depend on the lighting there. Point your flash up and bounce it off the ceiling. The room is not very big, and the whole process only takes around 10mins. Remember to be polite and ask the bride and groom to get a pic with the justice of peace one or two pics will do. Do not keep taking pics as there are many more couples waiting outside for their turn. Have fun. Take more pictures after around fort canning area.

I would suggest you use ISO 400 to 800 in indoor and shoot with P mode, your flash is in TTL mode.

when you are at outdoor, ISO at 200, shoot with P mode, your flash is in TTL BL mode.

bring extra batteries, extra memory card, shoot RAW, and not to forget cross your fingers and toes and pray hard everything will be fine.

hope this help

I would suggest you use ISO 400 to 800 in indoor and shoot with P mode, your flash is in TTL mode.

when you are at outdoor, ISO at 200, shoot with P mode, your flash is in TTL BL mode.

bring extra batteries, extra memory card, shoot RAW, and not to forget cross your fingers and toes and pray hard everything will be fine.

hope this help

Forget what I said. Catchlights' suggestion is more beginner-proof... :thumbsup:

Manual mode. settings will depend on the lighting there. Point your flash up and bounce it off the ceiling. The room is not very big, and the whole process only takes around 10mins. Remember to be polite and ask the bride and groom to get a pic with the justice of peace one or two pics will do. Do not keep taking pics as there are many more couples waiting outside for their turn. Have fun. Take more pictures after around fort canning area.
you need to update, ROM is no longer held at Fort Canning now. :)

Opppsss. I didn't know that Uncle Ben. My ROM was there and it was mid 2008... waaa so fast change liao.
the building is being upgrade,

here is the temporary site

Temporary relocation of ROM
ROM will be operating at Ministry of National Development (MND) Building Annexe B, 4th Storey, 7 Maxwell Road, Singapore 069111 from 26 January 2010 to February 2011 while the existing building at Canning Rise undergoes renovation.

One thing to note. Flash need recharging time. Don't go blasting the flash too much. If the flash doesn't have time to racharge, you will face some problem.

if you need to be asking such questions, you obviously have not grasped the basics of photography well and is not prepared to take upon such an important task, hence it'd be better to engage someone more experienced to cover this significant event for the couple.

hope this help

Forget what I said. Catchlights' suggestion is more beginner-proof... :thumbsup:

One thing to note. Flash need recharging time. Don't go blasting the flash too much. If the flash doesn't have time to racharge, you will face some problem.

Thanks for the advice. I will take note of it. ;)

And practise at home first. Make sure you know your gear well enough. Counter for any possible problems fast.

If you're too close to the subject, dun fire the flash head on. :)

Keep practising and you'll know better.

if you need to be asking such questions, you obviously have not grasped the basics of photography well and is not prepared to take upon such an important task, hence it'd be better to engage someone more experienced to cover this significant event for the couple.

Since it was a important event hence i need to be very careful that's y i posted it here for some advice. I should say every1 have their first time experience. :)

And practise at home first. Make sure you know your gear well enough. Counter for any possible problems fast.

If you're too close to the subject, dun fire the flash head on. :)

Keep practising and you'll know better.

Thanks, i will keep practicing. :thumbsup:

erhh, just an add on...look at your ceiling first before bouncing off it...hope it's not too high or weird coloured...:D

lol, give him a brake lar...

whether he volunteer himself or kena arrow we don't know, just hope his is not volunteering...
anyway, how a couple value the photos is also not up to us to judge, if there is an opportunity, we will share with them the important of recording life journey, but at the end of the day, the couple decide not to take any photo, or throw the photos into dust bin is also none of our "business". right? ;)

Since it was a important event hence i need to be very careful that's y i posted it here for some advice. I should say every1 have their first time experience. :)
Nothing against "first time" - but if the expectations are so high (who can say "nevermind" when ROM pictures are turning out crap?) then it' even more important that the 'first time' was already some time ago. A landscape or building is patient, the ceremony goes on and normally there is no chance to shoot again.

lol, give him a brake lar...

whether he volunteer himself or kena arrow we don't know, just hope his is not volunteering...
anyway, how a couple value the photos is also not up to us to judge, if there is an opportunity, we will share with them the important of recording life journey, but at the end of the day, the couple decide not to take any photo, or throw the photos into dust bin is also none of our "business". right? ;)

I was kena arrow by them cos they did not want to engage any photographer.:confused:

I was kena arrow by them cos they did not want to engage any photographer.:confused:

Go ahead and have fun. Shoot a couple of fun ones before the ceremony and afterwards... :)