help needed taking christmas party shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horus

Oct 23, 2002
Northern Singapore
hi people...just wondering any special considerations to take note of when taking party shots indoors. intending to use flash to "fill up" the shadows. was wondering if i still need to color correct the shots coz they will be taken under flourescent lights. heard flash is "daylight" and thus no need to adjust. what abt exposure compensation? not forgetting to use "red eye sync" ;) what other technical settings should i look out for?

Sound like you're using digital camera.
Anyway here are some general tips, which I can think of now and might be useful:

1. Try bounce the light with bounch card instead. The result is much better. (If your camera allows a external speedlite to be attached to it.)

2. Do not try to use direct flash if possible (except if the distance to subject are far away) - harsh effect on the subject.

3. In addition, becareful of spot lights, it will trick your camera's TTL sensors, causing the subject to be underexposed. One of the solution is to avoid having spot lights shining directly toward you.

Hope my 2 cents of inputs help. :D

:D thanks for the help. sad to say have not coughed out any $$ to buy a external flash yet...so *pricey leh :cry: prob will get the sigma flash then....any thing else to look out for?

Originally posted by ckiang
Why not just take a break from shooting and enjoy the party? That's what a party is for! :) Then you don't have to worry so much.

Regards
CK

*sigh..i wish too leh. but i'm designated official photographer leh. but dun worry...me just take a few shots onli - it's christmas! but want them to be of some standard mah :D

Status
Not open for further replies.