HELP needed: Setting 2 monitors on one pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

photografixed

Jul 25, 2004
Singapore
any kind techie who can teach me on setting up dual monitors for a pc running win2000? :sweat:
wanna have bigger viewing space while working on digital photos.

can anyone help? thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

forgot already..but recall that it has something to do with graphics card settings.

WinXP > Desktop > Right-Click > Properties > Settings > Display > Option 2. HTH.

You need a graphic card that supports dual monitor, or those old main board which can take old video card (which can plug into a shorter video slot on the old main board) that allows you to use two video cards on same board. The first option is much more convenient.

I got a Dell in my office which has two LCD monitors connected. Quite convenient, especially for programming and web surfing :D

Cheers!

Most notebook nowadays will allow you to connect another secondary monitor to extend your screen... I've used it for years and almost feel crippled without it.. :)

Some cards like the Nvidia Quadro PCI-E Series that comes with certain Dell desktop models support a dual display directly. You will need a Y-connector cable that plugs into the card video-out port, and you then plug the two monitors to each end of the Y-connector. You then need to configure your Display Properties to utilise the two monitors.

Additionally, it is also possible to added a PCI video card to an empty PCI-slot if you already have a video card in your PCI-E/PCI/AGP etc. port. That means two video cards to drive two monitors. Again, you need to configure your Display Properties to utilise the two cards/monitors.

Or you could have a dual-monitor card like the Quadro, plus another additional PCI video card. This is my set-up.... 2 monitors on the Quadro plus 1 monitor on the additional PCI video card, giving me 3 monitors. :)

thanks guys! will check it out. hope to get one system like this up. should be fun.

Here is a snap shot of my desktop (w/dual Dell LCD monitors) :)

dualmonitor8ra.jpg

why the need for 2 monitors? can enlighten?
and how to use the mouse/keyboard?

This is all you need to do:

dualdispprop9fu.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.